Let Me Explain

Rosaline stayed in her house the next day. Even canceled the meetings she had that day. She couldn't go. Not after that dream. Roxy... Everything about that dream was wrong. Why was the girl all alone. Why was there so many empty bottles laying around the house? Why would her mother leave her alone?

Why did she seem so familiar?

After finishing the call with her publisher, Rosaline walked around the house, trying to get her mind off of it. And failing greatly at that. Bio-luminescent vampires. That's what Roxy said in the dream. Rosaline was once going to publish a book about that. But she never did. She was never even finished the first edit!

And as far as she knew, no one else had either. So who was Roxy's mother? The woman that wrote a book on bio-luminescent vampires.

After a bit, she returned to her bed, still haven't changed out of her night clothes and set on the edge. Now she saw why David was so scared of his dreams. About the boy living in an abandoned apartment. What did David say his name was? Dirk?

Roxy said something about a boy name Dirk.

"Good Heavens." She mumbled, laying back on her bed. She was thinking too much into this. Way too much into this. But how could she not? She was a writer, that was her job. But right now, she needed something else besides her active mind. Right now, she needed her best friend.

Rolling over, she grabbed her phone, praying to something that David picked up.

One, two, three, rings passed before there was a click. Rosaline sighed in relief. "David, I-."

"Who's this?"

Rosaline froze. That was not David's voice.

"I was still sleeping... Oh, it's already eleven, must've stayed out too late."

"Who are you." Rosaline demanded, tightening her grip on her phone. She knew she didnt call the wrong number, she hit David's contact number. So who was this on the phone with her.

"Name's Derrick, darling. And who might you be?"

Before Rosaline could answer, her mind still racing, she was cut off but another voice came from the other side of the call. A very familiar voice.

"Derrick? What are you- is that my phone?"

"Sorry Dave, it was ringing to much and I was trying to sleep." There was a chuckle at the end of that. Dave? No one called David, Dave. No one.

"Trying to sleep? It's a hour until noon. And you're doing it again Derrick. Now, who were you talking to- Rosaline?"

David's voice was louder now, like he took the phone from the other one. "Sh!t, Rosaline, I'm sorry. I was in the shower."

That seemed to snap Rosaline out of her daze, clearing her throat. "No, it's already David, I know you were on vacation." But I didn't know you were with someone else... Rosaline couldn't lie and say that wasn't weird to her.

"Rosa, before you start freaking on, let me explain. It's not what you think. I'm just saying with a friend. I met him down here the first night here and he's... don't call me crazy, but he's Dirk. He's older, and different but he's still Dirk." He was silent for a moment before continuing. "I know how it sounds Rosa, but you gonna believe me. He has dreams like us, only they're about me."

"That could very much be because you're famous, David." She didn't mean to snap. But it came out either way. How could David think that this was save!? This man could be dangerous and David was staying with him! "They're just dreams." Her voice was just above a whisper, almost like she was trying to convince herself alone with David.

"I know it's hard to understand but please, you have to trust me."

"I do trust you. Just not him." With that, Rosaline hanged up. She couldn't trust this man that had made his way into her best friend's head. "They're just dreams. Just dreams." She whispered, tossing her phone on the other side of her bed before curling up on her side.

[in Texas]

David, wearing only a pair of sweatpants and a towel hanging over his shoulder, stared down at his phone. "I knew she'd freak." He sighed, holding his head in his hand. "Sh!t.."

"You're gonna have to go back." He turned his head to look at Derrick who was standing in the kitchen, facing him. "You know I do. I got to finish my movie and check on Rosaline. I can't stay Derrick." They were both quiet for a while, both of them knew it was better to stay quiet instead of saying something.

"What about the dreams?" David didn't realize he had started talking about a minute or so. "Have they stopped?" His hadn't.

Derrick moved from his spot in the kitchen to sit next to him. "No. They haven't. I still see him."

David gave a weak smile. That was probably why Derrick called him Dave while talking to Rosaline. "So have I." With that, he stood and walked over to his bag of clothes, which he brought over from his hotel, and opened it. He pulled out a white shirt and a pair of red skinny jeans before brushing out his hair.

"Where are you going?"

Grabbing his shoes, David set down and turned to him, smiling. "Where are we going? Out. Since I have to go back to Hollywood soon, we need to go out a bit. As brothers." There was a sad look in his eyes that Derrick knew he hated.

"Alright. Let me go get dress."