Flashback

They set in silence for a bit before Bro looked over at David. He was facing the window, chewing on his lip before putting the cigarette back between his lips. Bro sighed before sticking his own into the ashtray. "So, what's a big shot movie director like yourself doing here?"

David didn't respond immediately. He let out another puff of smoke before putting it out in the ashtray and sighed. "I was stress out about my movie that I had to finish writing the script to start filming in three months and I needed a break. My friend told me to come home, take some time off."

Bro couldn't help but laugh, tilting his head back against the headrest of the driver seat, a small smirk on his face. "Home? You mean you grew up here?"

David swallowed lightly before giving a small smile in return and nodded. "Yeah, I did..." He fell silent as the memories returned. Bro noticed and the smirk spilled away to his normal blank expression. "Something wrong?"

"No... Just a few unhappy memories came back for a second."

Bro's lips straightened out into a line and he glanced out his window, thoughts running through his head. Should he ask him about it? Would that be pushing to much? Probably. God, why was he double guessing himself on this? Of course he wasn't gonna ask. He couldn't. It didn't have anything to do with him...

"I don't mind talking about it."

Bro's head snapped back, looking at him with covered wide eyes. "W-wha.. You don't have too. I'm sure you don't want to talk about them." Bro knew what it was like with memories that you didn't want to share but felt bad when you didn't. For a moment, a pair of emerald eyes flashed across his vision.

Feeling a light burn in his eyes, Bro quickly shook his head before looking over at David with an obviously forced smile.

"It's fine Derrick... I don't mind talking about it." David smiled before leaning back against the seat. "When I lived here, I didn't have the best home live..."

<flashback>

"David!" A woman's voice crying as the sting of the belt shot through the child's small body over and over again. "Mama!" The boy cried, only to have the back of a hand met his cheek, sending him back to the floor. "Shut up brat!" The man above him screamed, kicking him in the stomach before stumbling over to his mom, repeating the same thing to her before staggering up the stairs and slammed the door.

David laid there, motionless, for a moment before his mom picked up his sore body and held him close, tears running down her cheeks and soaked his hair. He snuggled closer against the safe warmth which slowly lulled him to sleep.

He woke up to a warm wetness on his forehead. He struggled to open his eyes, wincing at the bright light. Through his slightly cracked eyes, his saw a blurry figure, white hair. He gave a weak smile when his felt his hand being squeezed.

"About time you woke up."

Rosaline tried to joke but there was still worry in her voice, along with sadness. Immediately, David tried to set up, only to be lightly pushed down by another pair of hands. "David, you are still healing you must rest." He looked over, seeing the face of one of Rosaline's housemaids.

"Where's my mama!?" David yelled, struggling, looking back and forth between them.

Rosaline was quiet as the maid started to explain. "You and your mother had internal bleeding, David. Yours stopped on its own but her's... David your mother is gone." He stared at her before screaming and yelling as tears flooded his eyes.

He collapsed into Rosaline's arms, the first time of something that would happen for years to come.

<end of flashback>

"..Then, I lived with Rosaline till we graduated high school, then we went to different colleges, I went to California and she went to New York.." David explained, rubbing his eyes dry from the tears.

Bro was quiet for a while before a dark chuckle left him. "It's ironic.." He mumbled, looking down at his lap. "Not only do we share a last name," Finally, he looked up at David.

"But we also lost our moms to a monster."