Only Human

-Vanessa's POV-

It was a day before our game against Seattle Reign, and I've been trying to avoid Morgan. It's just too much to look at her. I'm scared to be alone in the locker room with her, so I try my hardest to change as fast as I can. Everything's been going good. Well, not everything. To be honest, it's nothing like I thought it would be. Not in a bad way, but not in a good way either.

It's been different drills and conditioning for the past two weeks. I was on my way to my car to grab something to eat after practice when I was stopped by Melissa.

"You need to talk to her, it's affecting your game." she said.

"I don't have time for this Mel-" I was interrupted.

"No, listen to me. You've been sucky the past two weeks. I don't know what happened between you two, but all I know is you need to fix it." she told me, sternly.

"We...kissed." I mumbled.

"Finally."

"No, not finally. I have a boyfriend...that I love."

"Apparently not that much." I glared at her. "Look, just...Moe is an amazing girl, and she doesn't kiss just anyone. She's trying to make things better but you won't let her, and I think it's because you're afraid of your feelings for her." she said.

"I'm not gay. I don't like girls. I don't know why I kissed her. I think I'm going crazy." I replied, honestly.

"No, you're not crazy, it's called falling for someone." Mel said.

No. Could I be falling for her? No, I barely even know her. I don't even know her middle name!

"Not possible." I said.

"Yes possible, just think about it alright? I'll see you tomorrow." she said, turning away from me and walking towards her car.

I opened the car door and sat down in the seat. My emotions hit me like a tsunami. Everything I was ever taught was that homosexuality was a sin, but here I am, confused, with no one to help me figure this out.

"I'M NOT GAY!" I screamed, slamming my hands on the steering wheel.

I gripped the steering wheel, and lay my head on it. I could feel tears falling down my cheeks.

Why are you crying? Stop crying. Stop crying.

I let out a deep breath, and started the car, tears still running down my face. I looked up. Moe was standing in front of my car, staring at me with her big brown eyes. She looked sadly at me.

I turned off the car and opened the driver door. Moe came over to me, and as soon as I got out of my car, Morgan wrapped her arms around me and I felt something I've never felt before. We stayed there for a while, both of us still clinging on to each other.

-Moe's POV-

I don't know why Vanessa was crying, but I knew I needed to help her. She just moved to a new place far away from where she spent a year and a half, and I think some of her crying had to do with me. I didn't want her to cry, especially not because of me.

"I'm sorry-" she started.

"It's okay, it's okay. Don't be sorry, you didn't anything wrong. I'll take you back to my place and we can watch a movie or something." I told her.

Her head was snuggled into my neck.
She didn't say anything, just nodded.
She gave me her keys and walked to the passenger's side. We both got into our seats and buckled.

I started the car and took the route to get to my apartment.

-Vanessa's POV-

I don't know why I agreed, but I did. She gave me the sense that she would take care of me.

Fuck.

I sighed at my realization as we pulled into the parking lot. We got out of my car and entered the apartment lobby. It was a nice place.

We walked to the elevator and Moe pushed the button number 4. We rode
up in silence. It was a comfortable silence.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I followed Morgan down the hall, and we stopped at room 216.

"I wasn't expecting anybody, so it's kind of messy." she said as she unlocked her door.

She opened the door and the room was way different than expected. Everything was super neat and put away. I looked at her and laughed.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

She smiled at me, and my heart started beating at an unfathomably fast pace.

She showed me around her apartment. The kitchen was marble and the floors were tile.

She then showed me the living room. The couch was a dark grey and across was a flatscreen TV. Pictures of her and I'm guessing her family were all over the room.

We then went to her bedroom. Her bed covers were black and her pillows white.

We walked back into the living room and I plopped down on the couch.

Moe disappeared and then reappeared with two spoons and two glasses of ice cream.

"Thanks." I said as Morgan handed me a glass and spoon.

She walked to the TV and turned it on.

"Netflix and Chill?" I laughed.

"Nah, I'm more of Hulu and Commitment." she said, smiling.

We both laughed.

It was nice. We watched The 100, my favorite TV show. It was the season finale and there were rumors about Lexa coming back.

I checked my phone and it was 9:08 PM. I was tired beyond description, so I set my head on Moe's shoulder.

We stayed there, silent, hearing nothing but the TV and each other's breaths.

For the first time since I moved here, I felt completely and utterly happy.