Have Pride and Dash On

-Vanessa-

Getting my car cost about $200 dollars, but I was glad as hell to have my baby back. On the way back to my dorms, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. Sure it wasn't a real mouth-to-mouth kiss, but it meant something. At least, I think it did.

I arrived to the entrance of the parking lot, when I saw my friends kicking a soccer ball around. I unbuckled my seatbelt and parked my car.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked them, they froze and the ball stopped.

"What do you mean? Your car is fine, isn't it?" Kat replied.

"Yeah, for $200 dollars!" I fumed.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have parked where you did..." Quinn said.

"Or maybe you shouldn't have stolen my fucking car!" I screamed.

"Look we were going to come back and get you-" Kat tried to say.

"No, you weren't. Once again you guys screw me over. The only reason I haven't pressed charges is because you're on my team. You've never been a real friend. Ever!" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"Okay well then why don't you just go? No one even needs you on the team. Everyone knows you're going to leave the first chance you get. You don't care about anyone's feelings but yours." Jocelyn said.

"Damn straight." I said, walking away into the dorms. I took the elevator to my room and sat on my bed.

Knock! Knock!

I jumped off of my bed and opened the door.

"Mail for Vanessa Krome." A man with a postal uniform on said. He had short black straight hair and brown eyes.

"Thanks." I mumbled, taking the envelope. The guy walked away and I closed the door. I looked down at the envelope in my hands and read the cover.

Houston Dash?

I practically tore open the envelope and read through it.

"Houston Dash would like you to become a midfielder on our club in Houston, Texas..." I said to myself.

I squealed in joy.

Houston Dash wants me to join their freaking team!!! I have to tell Anthony and Leo!!! Leo...maybe I shouldn't call him.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed my brother.

"Vanessa?" he asked.

"GUESS WHAT?!" I screamed into the phone.

"What?" he said.

"I'm a pro soccer player!"

"You're kidding!! That's amazing Vanessa!" he said.

"I know!"

We talked more about the team and college ball and how things were in Hawaii. We eventually said our goodbyes and I checked the time.

6:03 PM

I went through my phone looking to call Leo, but I saw someone else's contact.

Alex Morgan? What the hell? She must've gone through my phone or something.

I thought it must have been a joke or something, so I called the number.

"Hello?" a voice asked.

"Alex Morgan?"

"Vanessa Krome?" she asked.

"Did you go through my phone?

"No." she said.

"You did, didn't you?"

"No."

This went on for a while, but I finally got her to admit that she went through my phone. She also told me Morgan, Tobin, Kelley, and Sydney's numbers were in my phone too.

"So...I have some good news." I told her.

"Really? What?" she asked.

"I got drafted to Houston Dash."

"Wow, that's amazing." she said.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"You know who else is on Dash?"

"Who?" I asked, even though I had a person in mind.

"Moe." she said. I could feel my checks turning red. Thank god she couldn't see me.

"And??" I asked.

"Well...you know. You two..." Alex said.

"Did Moe say anything about...us two?" I asked her.

"No...well...maybe..." she mumbled.

"Well it won't happen again. I was being stupid. It wasn't even a real kiss." I said.

"Wait, what kiss? You two kissed?" she asked.

Shit.

"No..." I said, not very convincingly.

"Liar." she said.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not!" I said louder.

"Are too!" she said louder than me.

"Am not!!" I yelled.

"Am not!!" Alex yelled back.

"Are too!!" I said.

"Aha! Gotcha!" she laughed.

"Damn." I said, laughing.

"Okay well Tobin and I are about to head out so I'll see you again sometime soon probably." she said.

"Yeah, I need to take a shower, bye." I said.

"Bye!"

I hung up, but before I walked into the bathroom, I looked for Moe's number. I found it and smiled at her contact.

Just in case...