Hold On - FP

Ladybug was thrown against a wall, her back audibly cracking. She gritted her teeth as she stood up. Rushing forwards, I threw my baton at Hawkmoth's Miraculous. Hawkmoth caught it between his hands, instead getting hit in the stomach. He threw it to the side and I felt myself anger at his mistreatment. His pin beeped. "Farewell, Ladybug and Chat Noir." Hawkmoth laughed, fleeing the scene.

But he couldn't just leave, now could he? Hawkmoth sent out a single Akuma and it caught a bystander. The person, now feigning a deadly toothed sword, rushed at me. "No!" I could feel the wind rush by me, rustling my hair, as Ladybug caught the blade. Little did I know, she had caught it with her stomach. "Luck Charm!" She gained an unusually violent weapon; brass knuckles now rested on Ladybug's hand.

She reached forward and smacked the villain, catching and cleansing his Akuma. "Miraculous - ah! - Ladybug!" Ladybug yelled weakly, knees buckling, but not taking her down.

The army of Ladybugs swirled around us as they tidied up the scene. "Ladybug!" I yelled, rushing to catch her swaying body.

"Hello, Chat Noir." Ladybug sighed.

"Ladybug," I knew she wouldn't recover.

How could she? "Adrien, why are you crying?" Ladybug coughed, blood appearing on her hand and dribbling down her chin.

She placed her opposite hand on my cheek. I sucked in a breath. "Marinette, don't leave." She'd leave me, wouldn't she?

"I- Ah!" The ladybugs finished their cleanup by removing the blade from Ladybug's abdomen.

She relaxed and sunk deeper into my arms as blood gushed from the wound. "Ladybug!" I cried out.

I put her down gently, pressing her wound tightly. "Marinette, press here. Press hard." I commanded.

Ladybug complied and pressed. "Adrien, it hurts." Marinette coughed out, splatters of blood appearing on the street where she coughed.

"I know. Keep pressing. Hold on..." I rushed over to an apparel store, grabbing articles of clothing and running to help Marinette.

"Hey, Mister!" The clerk yelled.

I ignored him. My Lady was all that mattered. "Lady, keep pressing. Hold on." I said, slipping a shirt under her hand.

"Chat Noir, it's okay." Ladybug said, lifting her hands.

"No, Ladybug! It's not! You'll- You'll die!" I exclaimed.

I fumbled to help more, but Ladybug, letting out an almighty groan, heaved the bloody shirt away. "Stop, Chatton! If you want to help me, hold me while I die." Ladybug sighed.

I choked out a sob. "Ladybug, no." Nevertheless, I pulled her into my lap.

"That's better, see?" Ladybug asked, putting both hands in my hair.

"No, it's not!" I cried more, sobs wracking my body.

"Oh, Adrien. I don't like when you cry. Please don't." Ladybug's hands trailed down to my cheeks, leaving trails of blood.

She broke into another fit of coughs, hacking up blood. "Hold on, Mari. Don't leave!" I said.

"Chatton, you hold on. When I'm gone, hold on." Ladybug smiled serenely, chest wheezing as it lost life.

Her eyes, once holding the entirety of life, suddenly grew dim. "H-hold... on." Ladybug said, cerulean eyes turning grey.

A pink flash, and I'm left clutching Marinette's dull, empty, soulless body. "Come back..." I rocked and moaned for hours, jumping away with the body of my beloved and cradling her in secret.

Marinette and I have not been found yet, but they are looking. Try as they might to find me, as I weave under bridges and over buildings, they won't. 'Cause I'll be holding on.

Hold on. Come back, hold on.

Hold On.