Chapter 4 You Can't

Daniel Pov

After Scarlett falls asleep I get up from the bed, walk to my office, I pick up the phone and call my good friend Xavier Greys.

"Hey Greys have you found that man" my blood starts boiling when I start thinking of that man how he almost abused my sweet beautiful Scarlett.

"Yes, we found him" that news brought a smile to my face "you know what to do".

"Yes, I'll call you back" after that I said bye, hung up, sat down and thought of the promise I made Adam; that I'll watch over Scarlett.

After a few hours I get up, go upstairs and check on Scarlett. She was still asleep her beautiful face calm. The pain pills should keep her sleeping all night so I closed the door and when to sleep in my room.

The next morning I woke up to my phone ring "Hello" I answer "we took care of that problem" I sighed "okay" I hang up the phone, get up, and go take a shower.

When I get out I change and go check on Scarlett. When I open the door I look at the bed and find it empty she's probably in the bathroom I look and see the door open with no one inside.

Fuck, she left

I run outside to see if she still there, the garage door was left wide open with one of my cars was missing.

I start shouting every curse word I can think of. I pull out my phone "Adam, she's gone" I yell through the phone "Daniel, what did I say" he yelled back "No Adam you have no right to say anything; you didn't know she existed till a few days ago I'm taking this into my own hands".

I hung up, got in my car and went to look for her.

After looking for a hour I found her working in the diner I met her in. She stops wipping down the tables when she sees me. Good thing there was only one customer this early in the morning.

I walk up to her "Scarlett, nice to see you" she sighed and walks to the back of the diner me following behind her. "Why did you leave?" I questioned when the door closed behind me.

"I..I had to go, I couldn't sleep" when she said that my blood cooled down "Scarlett, you might not know me much but I want to help you" I get closer but she moves back so I move back.

"It's okay I won't hurt you" I lift up my hands "thank you for helping me" she whispers. It hurt me seeing her like this she's not the fire ball she was a few days ago.

What happens to her in that ally changed her. I don't like her like this it hurts me how she changed. I'm going to bring her back.

"I'll be taking you home from now on" I say to her. "No, you don't have to do that this is my last day working here I'll be moving".

When she said that I felt something inside me. I didn't know what I was say till I said it.

"No you can't leave" I ordered "you can't order me not to go" she whispered back.

She look at the floor.

"Scarlett, come with" she didn't say anything so I took it as a yes , grabbing her arm gently so I don't scare her, I guide her to my car and we drive off.

I stop at my house and lead her in. "Scarlett you don't have to go anywhere I'll give you a job and you can stay here".

She shakes her head no "I can't" she doesn't say anything else and walks out.

I feel like pulling my hair she's being  so stubborn I don't want to do this but she isn't giving me any other choice.

I pull out my phone to make a call "end it all" I say my voice going deeper "you sure sir" the questioning anger me more "do as I say".

After that I hang up and go to my office to get a drink.

After my fourth drink I start to think straight again. What was I thinking With that thought I called again "stop everything" I yell through the phone "sorry sir we can't it's all done".

I hang up my phone and run out to find Scarlett.

Fuck, fuck what did I do?

***************

Sorry it took so long to update I didn't know how I want their story to going.

So I'm just going to go into it and see how it goes.