"Hey, while you look some more for our guy, will you watch Caitlin? I have to run an errand," Barry asked, whispering. Cisco nodded and Barry ran off.

To try and find the perfect birthday gift Barry went to a place he rarely ever stepped a foot into, the mall. Barry didn't look for clothes because he didn't think it was special enough plus he doesn't know her size. He also thought that a gift card would be lame because gift cards are basically a way of saying "I didn't know what to get you". Barry had looked in every store and was started to lose hope until he saw a tiny jewelry shop at the end corner of the mall. Barry looked up at the small sign that read Jess's Jewelry. Curious, Barry stepped inside.

There was no one else in the shop except one person behind the counter organizing the rings in the display case. She must have heard Barry's footsteps because she looked up at him.

"Can I help you find something?" The elderly woman asked.

"I'm looking for a gift for my girlfriend's' birthday, nothing too extravagant though," Barry told the woman as he looked at a case of earrings.

"The necklaces over here would be a good place to start," The woman pointed to a display case in the back of the store and then resumed, "One of our bestsellers is the gold lightning bolt one. It's a good gift if your girlfriend likes the Flash."

Barry let out a small laugh and then went over to the display case. He saw the necklace the woman was talking about pretty easily. It had a thin gold chain with a gold pendant of a lightning bolt. A small smile formed on his face, this was the perfect gift.

"I'll take the Flash necklace," Barry told the woman as he pointed at the necklace that sat, untouched.

The woman unlocked the display case and carefully grabbed the necklace that was sitting in its box. She walked over to the counter and rung up the necklace. Barry pulled out his leather, beat up, wallet and handed over his credit card. The woman handed back the credit card after swiping it before ripping out the receipt from the printer and handing it to Barry. She closed up the box and put it in a small plastic bag.

Barry stopped at Walgreens on his way back to STAR Labs to grab tissue paper, a card, and a gift bag. After buying the supplies he needed, Barry put together the bag so that it was ready for tomorrow. Satisfied, Barry ran back to STAR Labs.

Caitlin didn't know where Barry had gone. She tried to get Cisco to tell her but all he said was "to run an errand". Frustrated, Caitlin decided to get up and try to walk. The cut on her face had become nothing but a scab, same with the cut on her arm. The cuts on her leg and the one on her stomach still hurt her. She leaned her weight on her other leg and limped down the few steps to get to her desk.

"Woah, woah, are you ok?" Cisco asked as Caitlin walked over to her chair.

As Caitlin sat down she nodded. She rolled the chair over next to Cisco's to see what he was working on. All she saw was Cisco looking through various sets of security cameras. She watched for a while, ignoring the pain in her stomach and leg.

The sound of footsteps in the hallway got closer and closer to the cortex. Barry's plan was to hide the present at Caitlin's desk before heading over to her bed. When Barry walked in, however, Caitlin was sitting at her desk. Barry quickly used his speed to hide the present under a table in the far corner of the cortex. Caitlin hadn't even noticed the wind as she spun around to face Barry.

"You're up!" Barry exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Caitlin smiled as Barry bent down to give her a hug.

For a few hours after that, Barry helped give Caitlin some therapy. Barry helped her walk by letting her lean on him. Then he stood next to her, ready to catch her if she fell, as she walked. After Caitlin had mastered that, Barry would sit down as Caitlin walked. He assured her that if she fell he would use his speed and catch her before she hit the ground. By the end of the therapy session Caitlin could walk by herself, but only for a minute or so.

Barry helped tuck Caitlin into bed after they ate a super late dinner that was delivered by a pizza delivery man. Barry pulled the freshly washed blanket up to her shoulders and then planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

When she was fully asleep Barry called Joe, Wally, and Iris to help out Barry and Cisco put up birthday decorations. Each of them arrived with a present and Cisco and Barry took theirs out. Joe and Wally moved a table as quietly as possible and set up the presents and snack bowls and plates on it. Cisco and Barry hung up the happy birthday banner thanks to Barry's super-speed. The gang all fell asleep after they had finished.

When everyone but Caitlin was awake, snacks were put in the empty bowls and Barry ordered a cake to pick up just before dinner. Everyone watched Caitlin sleep in the comfort of the spinny chairs each person had pulled up.

Caitlin woke up and then looked over at the bunch of people with a confused look. "Happy Birthday!" Everyone cheered. 

---------

Dear readers,

Finally got a chapter up! I hope you enjoyed it. 

Like, comment, and vote <3

Follow me on Instagram - flash.xoxo

Love, the author, 

Elly :)