His crying was more under control now, because he had began to weep earlier than she had. He had cried himself dry.

He grabbed her hips and propped her into the middle seat. He climbed out of the car and motioned to her that he was going to talk to paramedics. She gnawed at her fingernails and nodded in response.

Chandler had beat him there, having a conversation with one of the people in uniform. Chandler looked nearly as dead as Garrett was. A face without emotion and filled with terror and melancholy if you peeled back the layers of his eyes.

He cut off his conversation with the woman and walked over to Austin.

"They told his parents. They're on there way. Told them we were uh, that we know him. Knew him... um, anyways. We follow. To the hospital, I mean."

Austin bit at his cheek and tried to keep from breaking down into screams. In the corner of his eye he could see the bag through the window. It wanted to be seen. The black zipped up bag wants to haunt him. It's working.

"Chandler. Thank you."

Austin couldn't speak because his throat was so swollen, so he had to whisper. Chandler nodded and went to go see Rhiannon. Austin stayed back to tap the woman on the shoulder. She turned around to show her disappointed face. She looked overworked, the purple rings under her eyes standing out throughout the rest of her face. Her hair was pulled tight into a grey bun. Whisps fell out and floated around in the humid air.

"How did he die?" Austin whispered. He felt like a child, throwing her stressful questions. Her response wasn't as he exaggerated.

She acted like it was no sweat to answer his question, but made her voice soft.

"He was killed on impact. The air bag had a lot to do with it. His chest could not handle that much pressure at once. Technically, it crushed him... but why do you ask kid?"

He wet his lips and wandered his eyes back to the body bag.

"He is my best friend."

She nodded and immediately noticed the pain he was undergoing.

"Oh," she stuttered.

"I'm so sorry. Did you hear? You can meet the family at the hospital. We're about to make our way there with the boy,"

"Garrett. His name is Garrett." Austin defensively corrected her.

"Garrett. We're going to take Garrett so he can meet you guys there. I guess we will see you there sweetie."

She gave him a sympathetic pat on the back. The way she spoke to him was very maternal. She must've had a kid of her own.

She then left him hanging to climb into the car and drive away. He stared at the grass and studied how green it was. How green grass can be after a good rain. It was billowy and soft and beautiful. Dew slipped off the blades of it. He was trying to focus on the grass to take his mind off of this. It wasn't working. The jet black bag was laying in the bed of grass, only this time it was unzipped and you could see Garrett's cold, dead eyes. Austin blinked and the bag was gone. Just the boring floor.

 Just the boring floor