8

I'm dying. Seriously. I'm dying right now. How? From the adorable creature hugging me right now. Da-chan has been following me like a puppy ever since he moved in and saw that I was a girl. I don't know if it's a crush or a hero worship thing. I had him in my lap right now so I could fix his hair. A simple trim and brushing really but he hugged me in gratitude anyway. Man why couldn't Aaron be this cute? He always griped at me for trying to love on him.

Da-chan deserved to be smothered with affection or dying in canon while being oh so sweet. Speaking of sweethearts. In three days I'll need to locate Itama. Saigo has already been scoping out the most likely sight the battlefield would take place going by the description I gave her. Some woodland area with a boulder that had a flat face towards a clearing. I pat the boy's head and stand up. My goal today is to build a freaking well since I never got around to it yet. It's needed more now because of everyone living with me. I walk out and search for a good spot.

Not by the hot spring or too close to the tree roots since I don't want them sucking up the water. I'll place it beside the willow Kikyo had planted the day I was born. It had grown tall and beautiful over the years. Unlike the trees that made my home, this will not drain our water supply. I form some hand seals to turn my hand into a chakra shovel, forming the chakra around my hand like a spoon and carefully solidifying it with constant pressure. I begin to dig out a hole in the ground, deep enough to hold at least a week's worth of water. I'll need to buy bricks to seal it off from the dirt. But first, a visit to the river.

"Yato-kun! I'm going to go for a walk! You're in charge!" I see his hand pop up from below the living room window, waving me off. That brat. Da-chan poked his head out of the door only to pout at me. Geez, that should be a dangerous weapon. "Sorry kid, I like to walk alone. Maybe next time." And there I go sounding like Itachi to his lookalike.

At the river I saw my two buddies about to toss their skipping stones. Most likely for their greeting. Silently I stand behind Madara, making him throw the rock incorrectly. "Oi! Don't stand behind me like that!" He whipped around to snap at me.

"Sorry, sorry Ma-kun. I couldn't help but test a theory out. If it helps, I'll just stand next to you next time, ay porcupine?"

Hashirama ran over to us with a grin on his face. "It's been awhile huh?"

"Guess so." I scratch the back of my neck and look around. Suddenly I had two small paper bags thrown at my face. "Hey!" I glare at them halfheartedly before sitting down with the bags. "What's this?"

Madara snorts. "Did you already forget our last meeting? I told Hashirama about it too." Ah. The late birthday presents. When did Hashirama come here again? I thought he didn't come back until after Itama supposedly died. Well, that's another deviation I guess. With the rescuing of the other two boys I completely forgot.

I pick up the first bag and shake out a leather sting with a carved flower, porcupine, and sun charm hanging from it. Not attached was another sun and flower charm. At first I was confused until I looked closely at Hashirama. He had the same necklace. I'm surprised he came up an idea I would have had myself. Tossing Ma-kun his two extra charms, I hug Hashi with one shoulder. "Thanks. We can be together even when apart this way!" Like chakra meant to connect all. Damn it Hagoromo! Your lessons are stuck in my head now.

Next was Madara's gift. "Gee. I wonder if you could beat Sunshine's amazing gift. Is it a bracelet? A kunai? Maybe even my very own skipping rock!" He whapped me on the head to shut me up. "So mean Ma-kun. It's rude to hit a girl." Not that I minded. It was cool to be treated as a regular kid no matter the current gender roles. Guess it only mattered to him if the girl in question was raised the way they were in other places.