Today, Clint gives me a flower. Well, I don't know where he gets that flower but I'm sure did it creeps me out especially it's a white one.

Frypan also cooked a very special sandwich just for me. Jeff sits beside me during lunch. Gally intentionally smiling at me everytime I meet his gaze. Winston, trying to hold my hand with his bloody hands. And other Gladers doing something that they think would win me over.

Can they just give up?

But this afternoon, while I was walking around, eyes glued to the ground for me to not meet their gaze, I crashed into a body that immediately resulted for me to fall.

Oh no, I didn't fall, Newt let out a gasp, grabbing hold of my small body, holding my left hand.

And I swear, when my eyes met his, I think I'm gonna scream.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me.

"O-oh, y-yeah, yeah, fine." I stuttered.

He smiled, finally releasing my hand that he presses a bit before realeasing.

"So, where are you going?" he asked, changing the topic.

"I don't know. . somewhere where I can find peace and. . a place where there are no Gladers staring at me like they're gonna eat me."

He chuckled.

"Well, I must say, I'd be very glad to help you find that place but I'm just going to do something really, really important."

Now I am curious. Newt's always volunteering to accompany me everytime I want to be alone. Why all of a sudden he's changing?

"Well, what are you. .gonna do that is really, really important?" I asked, mentally cursing to myself that I shouldn't have asked that type of question.

"I'm gonna do some important and special work with Briana." he smiled, eyes sparkling with the mentioning of her name. I almost cried when I saw the way he blushes.

I faked a smile. "Well, I'll see you then. I'm gonna go find Minho from the group of Gladers out there."

I don't know why I mentioned Minho's name. I really don't want to see Minho. I mean, we've been hanging out around the Glade for a while but, I really don't know why I did mention his name.

And why did I even said that I want to go and find Minho from the other Gladers when I'm internally scared with them staring at me?

But what's bothering me is, Newt's expression turned into a very angry, shocked and jealous? (idk) one.

And I was completely shocked when he asked me. "Do you like Minho?"

He's so serious, I was completely out of words.

"I-I, no. I mean, yeah. I l-like him. As a-"

"You like Minho." he looked away from me and I was so confused why.

"Look, I gotta go, Briana's waiting for me." and then he walked away just like that.

I followed (with my eyes only) his limping body 'till he saw Briana seating on a tree all by herself. He sit beside her and I was so jealous, I almost punched Clint when he passed by.

I'm so glad Minho arrived and he invited me to the Deadheads to have a nice snack and a very comforting conversation.

Yeah, maybe slightly comforting.

Actually, we are kinda awkward now.

Because he isn't that talkative now, not just like our past conversations when we were alone like this. For a good one hour, he's just eating his soup, eyes staring to the ground below, completely ignoring me.