Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"It's what Emily said. I mean, 'see you both Friday night,' what does she mean by that?" his face contorted into confusion while I thought. Then it hit me.

"Danny's party. She's gonna strike then." I said, menacingly." Parker groaned.

"That's it, we're not going." He said.

"No we are. We can handle whatever she throws at us, babe." I said, hoping to convince him. Danny's party was going to be a masquerade theme and I've always wanted to do that. I'm not letting some psyco slut ruin our fun.

Parker seemed to agree to my statement and said we could still go. I kissed him lightly and finished my lunch, discussing plans to go shopping with Emma after school since we both still needed a dress and mask for Friday.

Emma agreed to skip fourth and go then since I had no fourth. When the bell rang we kissed our boyfriends goodbye and set off in her new baby blue, Volkswagen bug to the mall.

The first place we went was Charlotte Russe but nothing spoke to me for the party whereas a leather jacket and combat boots with black skinny jeans and a white flowy too did.

We went to several places, buying normal clothes, before we went into a little dress boutique called "Lovely" and we figured why not?

We walked into the pink store that had hardwood flooring and smelt like vanilla and a trace of strawberry. It was bright, girly and overall lovely, the name indeed fit.

A large chandelier lit the place up, exposing the gorgeous dresses lined up across the racks on the walls, floor and even ceiling. They also had an entire shoe section taking up 1/3 of the store.

"Oh it's all so much!" Emma exclaimed. I beamed at her.

"I know!! I'm scared that I'll end up just buying the entire store." I said sheepishly. She laughed at me when a lady in her mid thirties approached us with a bright, huge smile on her beautiful face. She had blonde hair that was curled into ringlets down to her waist. Even though she was in a black, professional uniform she looked like a model. Her name tag read Lacey.

"Hi girls! I'm Lacey, I own the store and please just help yourself. Dressing rooms are in the back, the mint green doors, and shoes are here along with the cash register. I'll be ready whenever you are. Call my name if you need assistance!" She was so nice as well!

"Thanks, Lacey. We will." Emma said politely while I nodded and smiled.

I noticed the store was color coded as well, pink dresses here, blue there and green across. It was well organized and I liked it.

Emma strut over to the purple dresses of course whereas I went to the blue, spotting an amazing light blue dress that would go above my knees. It was tight at the top with a sweetheart neckline then poofed out at the bottom. The top was covered in black lace and the back was a sheer black, see through as well. It was so beautiful so I went to go try it on, grabbing some black sparkling heels as well.

I went into the first open dressing room I saw and noticed the dress was an original Marc Jacobs and the shoes were Louboutins. Wow, that's classy.

I removed my jeans and pink shirt and pulled the dress on. A perfect fit! I slipped the heels on then got out of the small room to ask for Emma's opinion. I found her with nearly 12 dresses in hand. Her eyes turned into the size of softballs and she dropped the delicate dresses and squealed.

"Ahhhhh! Get it! Get it get it get it!!!" She was nearly jumping and I laughed.

"Okay!" I said, just as excited.

"It looks great! Parker will have to keep a close eye on you all night!" I giggled and couldn't help but agree.

The dress hugged me at the top perfectly, exposing a small amount of cleavage, and the combination of the poofiness at the bottom and high heels made my legs look great. I new I could just straighten my hair simply and get a black mask covered in lace to go perfectly. I'd also grab Parker a black mask as well because I knew he would end up forgetting, or 'forgetting'.

I waltzed back to the dressing room and carefully removed the dress and slipped my casual clothes back on. I carried the dress and heels back to the cashier and paid for the items.

"Uh, Lacey? Do you know where we could find some masks as well?" I asked. She smile and nodded.

"Try Charming Charlie's. They normally have all sorts of accessories there." I smiled and nodded. I told Emma where I'd be since she was taking forever with picking her dress out.

I found the store and they indeed had some fashion masks. I found a simple black lace one that had little blue pearls to match the colors on my dress. I also picked up a plain black one then grabbed some jewelry as well.

Emma met me at the food court twenty minutes later, refusing to show me anything she bought until Friday.

We left the mall and I gave Parker his mask. He thanked me with a kiss then I went back home, wondering what might happen on Friday.

*************

Whew! That took a lot out of me with all the explaining and whatnot!

I hope you liked it!

What is Emily planning? Can Tessa and Parker handle it?

Read to find out!

I'll update next weekend and I'm glad I was able to get another chapter in!

Vote for more!! and comment! first comment gets a dedication!

Thanks for reading, lovelies

-Leah<3