Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Tessa's Point of View

My mom came home from Paris finally. She was home when I got back from the club and saw Parker kiss that slut. Why did I get so upset? We aren't dating or anything! We don't even have feelings for each other! Ugh.

I asked her how her trip was and all that jazz and she replied how well it went and even showed me pictures of her with designers like Calvin Klein and models like David Beckham! Man, I don't care how old he is. He. Is. Hot.

"Honey, you know I love you right?" Uh-oh. She wanted to talk, and I know it wasn't going to be about fantasizing about what Taylor Lautner looks like in the shower...

"Yeah, I do..?"

"And I've always wanted what's best for you..."

"Yeah..?"

"Just listen and don't interrupt me till I'm done. Okay?"

"Umm. Okay, I guess..?" That seemed to relieve her a little bit but she was still as stiff as a statue.

"Okay. So next year, a month after graduation, you'll be marrying Andrew Wayland, a junior in college now, from Wayland Enterprises because our company might go under and we really need this merger so you're dad and I believe it's what is best for us all and since you and that Jake boy aren't an item anymore I thought it'd be the perfect chance to tell you and we know Trevor is the one who's supposed to take over the company but he isn't gay nor is Andrew and Andrew has no siblings, so no sisters, that Trevor could marry so we really need you to do this. I understand you'll be mad but it's what's best, darling, it really is."

"For who?! For you, you mean?! Because if the company goes under only you and dad will be affected! I'll be starting my own life and Trevor can always change his life as well!" I felt terrible but it was true.

"This is non-negotiatable! You are marrying him and that's final!"

"No I'm not! You don't own me!"

"As long as you live under my house you will listen to me!"

"Then maybe I'll move out!"

"You can't! You're only seventeen and besides where will you go?!" I glared at her and shrugged then calmly replied.

"Anywhere is better than here."

"THERESA CHARLOTTE RICHARDS GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" I ignored her and stomped out of my room and out the house. If she was going to force me to marry some guy I haven't even met then I would live somewhere else. She's so...so..UGH!! I could scream. I decided to just go to Parker's. I still hadn't talked to him about the club but he was all I had where I didn't have to drive to get to. I needed to chill out and I know he wouldn't mind me staying over until either my mom left or my father came home.

I knocked on his door and it was answered by Ms. Rivers. Used to be Mrs. Rivers until I found out about Parker's dad leaving. She beamed at my presence.

"Tessa! Oh honey it's been years! How are you?!" I always loved her. She was so nice and she made the best apple pie in town.

"I'm fine! Is Parker around?" She nodded enthusiastically and let me in.

"Parker, a young, beautiful girl is here for you! Something about you asking for her hand in marriage..?" I laughed at her, she was so cool. I wonder if there's any pie...

My thoughts were cut off by Parker's reply. "If she's pregnant it isn't...oh. Hey..." He blushed deeply. Parker Rivers blushing?! That might be a first.