Chapter 6

(Your Point of View)

Party of the Idols.

I was dragged by my dad to go to this party of his. He told me I could change my clothes at one of the rooms of the hotel we were going to. Turns out that the hotel is owned by his colleague and the ballroom there's the venue of the party. We're in his car, on the way to Gangnam.

"Are you excited, sweetie?" He asked me, looking from the driver's mirror.

"I'm more of, uhm, sleepy dad." I yawned but smiled.

"Well, you'll love it there. The party's semi-formal so there's no need to act stiffly." He smiled in reassurance. "There are also teenagers that are the same age as you." He added.

"So what? You expect me to make friends?" He nodded.

"The more friends you make, the better. Aye?" I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

We both laughed and talked about everything as we went to the hotel. We enjoyed talking to the point that dad and I didn't realize we almost exceeded our way and missed the hotel. I miss talking to dad like this.

We arrived and the attendants greeted us and escorted us to our room.

"Wow..." I was left amazed. This room itself is pretty on its own.

"I'll leave you here to change and get ready dear. Don't worry. The attendants downstairs will lead you the way to the ballroom."

"But I don't wanna be late, dad." I said.

"Don't worry. The party won't start for one hour and thirty more minutes."

"Well, okay then." He smiled, gave me a thumbs up and shut the door as he left.

I went to the bathroom as soon as I can and washed myself clean. After washing myself, I opened the closet door and found gowns. Beautiful gowns...

I really couldn't pick though. It was a hard choice. But I had to work fast so I went with my favorite color, red. Fortunately, there was only one color of red here. I picked it and layed it on the bed. I took my bag and reached for my make up bag. Rule no. 1: A girl is always prepared. It took more time doing my face up than I thought.

I wore my gown and picked one of the different heels in the pile of shoeboxes here in the corner. I sprayed my perfume that my mom gave me. It's my favorite one...

I think I'm ready..

I went out of the room, closed it, of course and went to the ground floor

I went out of the room, closed it, of course and went to the ground floor. I looked for some attendants and asked for directions to the ballroom.

"The ballroom? Right this way, Ma'am." She led the way and even opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

As I entered the room, I saw a lot of beautiful people. I'm so plain, I want to crawl back to my shell... There are Korean, American, Japanese, Chinese, and other East Asian people in the room, I think..