Chapter 10

When I wake up, the water is ice cold and I'm shivering slightly. I slowly climb out of the tub and I can feel my joints creaking and aching from the cold and from sitting in one spot for so long. Wrapping my towel around my body I slowly walk out of the bathroom and head to my room to change into some warm clothes.

         I grab a pair of thick sweat pants with a t-shirt and some socks. Slowly wandering into my kitchen, I reach into my pantry and grab a packet of Ramon. As I'm putting the Ramon into a bowel, I start thinking about everything that has happened in my life and how it has changed so drastically.  My Ramon is in the microwave so I head over to my TV and turn on some music.

         'Wild for the Night' by ASAP Rocky started playing. The part when Skrillex starts to play I start to dance. Hoping up and down and back and forth, I head to the kitchen for my Ramon. Pulling it out of the microwave, I slightly burn my fingertips on the hot bowel. Grabbing a rag from the counter I pick up my bowel and grab a fork. I slightly dance back to the living room and jump in fright as I see Chase sitting on my couch with his feet on my coffee table and an airplane ticket on the couch next to him.

         "What are you doing here?" I question slightly, in shock, as I turn down the music with the remote and sit next to him on the couch. Placing the warm bowel in my lap I look up at his face, awaiting his answer.

         "Well Ronnie got your plane ticket early this morning and I decided to bring it over. Your door was open and I walked in. I heard you in the kitchen so I sat down." He explained so casually an outsider would have never guessed that he didn't live here.

         "Ok so where exactly does my mother live?" I question. Chase handed me the plane ticket as an answer, never looking away from my eyes. I slowly reached out, having slight second thoughts on weather or not I really wanted to open this envelope. It feels like this is the last step, once I open this I will never go back to my old life, I will never be able to say 'no' anymore. Swallowing all of my fears and internal doubts, I open the envelope and pull out the ticket. Scotland. That is where my mother is, Coatbridge Scotland.

         My flight is scheduled for 5oclock in the morning on Wednesday. That means I will have to wake up at 3 to get ready to be at the airport at 4, oh joy! I look up at Chase momentarily forgetting that he was sitting down on the couch next to me. He looks at my eyes and slowly grabs my clenched hand in his.

         "Are you ok?" Chase quietly asks me. I nod my head and take a deep, calming breath. I unclench my hand and loosely place my hand back in his.

         "Yah I guess I'm ok. It's just a shock I guess, I mean next Wednesday I'm going to be on a plane headed to meet my mother, who is a Queen of all werewolves, and I'll be in Scotland, a place I've wanted to visit since I could remember! I think I'm just in shock, but I will live." Chase looks at me to see if I'm lying, when he's convinced that I'm not lying he smiles at me.

           My alarm goes off as I look at the time, 3 am holy crap it's so early, but I have to start getting ready for my plane ride to Scotland. Climbing out of bed I slowly make my way to the bathroom to take a shower. I climb out and start getting dressed. Since I'm going to be on a plane all day I'm going to dress comfortable. With that thought I grab a pair of undies and a sports bra out of my drawer. Slipping on my undies I pull on a pair of grey sweatpants. With my sports bra I pull a hoodie on over my bra.

         Pulling my hair up into a messy bun I swipe on a coat of mascara and brush my teeth. I pull on a pair of black socks and my tennis shoes. With that final touch I walk out of my room to call a cab to the airport.

         Finally the cab pulls up and honks telling my to hurry up. Grabbing my bags and keys I pull the door shut and lock the door. "The airport please." And that is the only thing said the whole trip. I throw the cabbie $40 and I grab my bags walking into the building.

         I go up to the front where you pay for your bags to be put on the airplane after that I head to security.

"Take off shoes, jackets, jewelry, belts, and phones. Thank You" The announcement kept playing on repeats every 10 minuets. Slowly the line moves forward and then I'm at the front. "Ma'am remove your jacket please." The security guard asked my politely. 'Shit!' I forgot! I slowly nod then I pull my hoodie up over my head and i'm standing in my socks, sweats, and sports bra in front of everybody! If this would have happened a month ago I would have sent the guard my flirty smile and wouldn't have thought twice about it, now I hate it!

         'He's not our mate! Put on your clothes!' my wolf is growling in my head. I quickly walk through the metal scanner and grab my stuff and run. I pull on my sweater as soon as I can and pull on my shoes.

         "Flight 405B boarding!" I hear my flight and I head over to the gate. I find my seat and just as I'm getting comfortable for the flight a toddler sits behind me and starts kicking my seat. I sigh this is going to be a long flight I think right before he kicks me again.