Chapter 6

"Ugh" I rolled over in bed and tried to remember the past 24 hours. The last thing i remember is going to the bar and meeting Sebastian and then nothing. I looked down at my stomach and noticed that it was bandaged. HOLY CRAP!! I remember it all now it is so clear. I was talking with Sebastian and then he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the park and then he shot me in the stomach. I looked down again and saw a white bandage all around my middle and i was trying to figure out why i was in my house in my comfortable bed and not bleeding to death in the woods behind the park. I looked around my room and i really focused on my room and i could clearly see every dust mote floating in the air.Every single ray of light that was dancing across my walls. I listened and i could hear the squirrels running up the bark on the trees. I took a deep breath and i could taste the flavors in the air, and there was a different yet familiar smell that pulled at me and stopped me with a grinding halt.

i sat up in my bed and looked around. i stretched my arms to the ceiling and pulled back with a start. My bullet wound doesn't hurt, it's not even a little sore. How strange is that? As i stood up i looked down towards my feet and i was clearly able to see that i wasn't in the same clothes that i wore to the bar yesterday? At least i thin it was yesterday i'm not for sure how long i was asleep. I strolled towards my bathroom to remove the thick white bandage. As i was slowly unwinding it from my midsection i looked at the skin that was underneath. It was perfect, no scar or any other indication that i had been shot. 

I see that who ever dressed me put me in an over-sized t-shirt and a pair of black booty shorts. i walk towards my kitchen to make me a cup of coffee to help wake me up. As i was walking towards the cupboard the grab the coffee grounds i heard the couple down the hall from me having an argument and a little farther down the hallway i heard the kids running around the room playing hide-n-seek. 'What has happened to me?' i internally questioned me wolf. She used her normal quick replay,'Well stupid, for the past 19 years your wolf, that's me, and your human half have been fighting for dominance.' 

'Okay that is weird how come i haven't ever heard of this so called battle?' i asked her because i was really confused right now. 'Honey, take a deep breath this is going to be hard for you to understand.' I did as she said and took a deep cleansing breath, and let it out a slowly as possible. 'Well..' she started but was interrupted by a knocking on my door. "Rose open up. We can hear you moving around in there." i heard the deep voice say through my thick door.  I mentally groaned at having to see people this early and before i've had my first cup of coffee too. 

"What" i snapped as i threw open my door and peered out cautiously at the two huge male bodies standing in my doorway. Yep you guessed it, standing out outside my door was Ronnie and Chase. I look up at them before opening my door up more so that they would be able to get inside. Once they were inside though that was a completely different story. Their huge bodies made my small living room feel even smaller. "Come in and have a seat." i said politely i was wondering what they are here for the last i saw of either of them was at a bar or um bed. 

"We need to talk to you" Ronnie started out "we heard that the hunter's have found you."  i stared at him blankly with a look of confusion on my face. "Sebastian, he is apart of a group that hunts a certain set of people, werewolves, and he kills them." Ronnie continued.

"Okay now let me get this straight, Sebastian, the guy that shot me last night is apart of these hunters and they kill wolves. Am i getting this all right?" i asked

"Yes so far you're right now let me explain further. Let's start with a quick history lesson so that you know what i am talking about. In the 1800s the werewolves were starting to get rowdy and we needed someone to step in and help put order back into society." he paused to look at my face to see how i was handling it so far. I gave him a quick nod of my head indicating to him that he should continue. "Your ancestors were the family that was voted on to be put in power." i looked at his face with a million questions on the tip of my tongue waiting for my permission to be set free. Ronnie looked at me with pity and i immediately closed off my facial expressions so that he wouldn't see what was going on in my head. I absolutely hated it whenever anyone had the audacity to look at me with pity-filled eyes. I stared at him waiting patiently for him to continue and for my sake he did just that. 

"I know that you have questions that need answered but let me finish first." i nod my head saying i understand and i said quietly "continue" Right now i was in shock i think. This was a lot of information at one time but i'm going to listen so i know what the hell is going on with me. 

"Okay, so recap your a descendant from the royal werewolf family. Now you're going to want to sit down for this next part." Ronnie said to me. I looked at him with confusion, but did as he asked. " 19 years ago the king and queen had a little baby girl and they absolutely adored her. The kingdom fell in love with her and they would never let anything happen to her. She would trip on her chubby legs and there were five people there to help her back up." he paused for a breath and in that moment i jumped in. "What exactly does this have to do with me?" i questioned again. 

Ronnie looked at me exasperatedly and said "If you hadn't butted in you would know." he glared at me "Now where was i?" he pondered Chase said so quietly that i wasn't even sure if i heard him right "You were saying if the baby fell five people helped her back up." 

"Thank you Chase. Okay so when she fell there were five people to help her back up. When she turned three there was a threat to the royal family and the little girl was taken in the night without the king or queen's notice. She just disappeared into the night. The king and queen never quit searching for their little girl. two years later the king died of depression and all of the duties were left to the queen. We (queens guard) just found the little girl who turns out not to be too little anymore."

"Um and what does this have to do with my wolf and human half fighting and my wolf dominating the human?" i asked again i was seriously starting to get frustrated. "You need to hang on for a little bit longer. My brother found the lost princess Three days ago. I checked on her and confirmed what he smelt was correct. As it turns out the little girl was taken to a family that couldn't have a baby and they gladly took care of her. That is until five years ago. She ran away and we had to find and search for her again." Ronnie said "NOW WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ME??" I screamed because my patience was at its limit. 

"Rose, you're the missing princess." Ronnie said carefully.