Chapter 1

"Bye Ana!" David calls me by my nickname from the kitchen.
     "Adios!" I say back.

     Today David has a class field trip to the Rocky Mountains. They have a class of eight which is really small so they get to fly on a plane. So unfair. They're going to be in Colorado for ten days. David is my nine year old brother. I am 15. David is also the only sibling I trust. My family is quite large I guess. We have a six year old girl named Bethany, but I call her "Big Mouth Beth". With that name, hopefully you know why I don't trust her, because she can't keep her mouth shut. The second youngest is nine year old David. Then, there's my twin brother Logan. He's a big deal I guess. You're probably thinking, "out of everyone, shouldn't you trust your twin the most?" Nope! He is the most popular boy at school. Too many friends. His girlfriend used to be my best friend until he took her away from me a few days ago. I've been ignoring him since then. Last, but not least, the oldest, Matthew. It's not that I don't trust him, it's that he's never home. 18 year older these day. He does army boot camp every second weekend of the month, works as a security guard at the mall, and goes to college. We call him the perfect child.

     I look at the iHome that is on my nightstand and it shows 6:30. I am right on time to wake up. It is finally Friday, the 27th of May. I jump out of bed, go into my walk-in closet, and grab my shorts and tie dye t-shirt that I made with my best friends. My best friends are Ariana and Brooke. Melissa, my brothers current girlfriend, is my ex best friend and now she bullies me. For no reason.

     After I am done with my morning routine, Logan, Beth, and I gather into the car. The radio immediately starts blasting Taylor Swift.
     Beth starts singing, or as what she calls it, "The players gonna play play play pl-"
     "Shut up!" Logan interrupts her.
     I slap Logan on his ear, the usual brother sister thing, and whisper to Beth, "Someone's moody today."
     Beth giggles as mom risks her body towards the back seat. The goes from rolling her eyes while they're closed to opening her bright blue eyes up warning us all. "Logan Anthony, don't you ever say that again. Anastasia Grace, he may be moody but don't react to anyone's mood like that. Bethany Belle, don't scream in the car like that. Ok? Understood?" Mom never uses our middle names when giving us a lecture.
     "Understood." We all said in unison.
     We drive past David as he gets into the bus which will immediately take him from Houston, to Estes Park. I look at him and see he is wearing boots and jeans.
     I ask my mom if I could quickly roll down the window to say good bye to David. She says sure.
     "Bye David!" Beth, Logan, and I shout out the window.
     "Have fun getting through Texas in warm clothes like that!" I giggle as David waves.