Finding Out

Lucy POV

When me and Naruto got home from school Jiji's assistant was at the front door waiting for us. He grabbed our hands and dragged us to the hospital.

We were confused and kept asking questions as to why he was taking us there. He never answered us but we got our answer when we got to a certain room in the infirmary.

We walked in room 23 and saw a body covered up by a white blanket. The assisstant walked up to the body and pulled the cover off. What we saw broke our hearts.

"Th-this is a j-joke right? TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE!!" yelled Naruto.

"Naruto please calm do-" said the assistant, but was cut off.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!! THE ONLY FAMILY I HAD LEFT IS DEAD!! SO DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!"

"Naruto shut up." I said.

"W-what?" he said.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled.

"WHY?!?"

"Because yelling and throwing a tantrum won't bring the Hokage back." I told him with a blank face.

"Why are you acting like you don't care?" he said.

"I'm not acting like I don-" I started, but was cut off.

"YES YOU ARE!! YOU HAVEN'T SHED ONE, SINGLE TEAR SINCE WE'VE BEEN HERE. DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT JIJI?!?!" he shouted.

"Yelling and throwing tantrums won't bring him back, and neither will crying." I told him.

"I-I HATE YOU LUCY!!" he yelled at me before he ran out of the room.

"Naru-" started the assisstant, but I cut him off.

"Let him be. As long as he is safe I don't care if I am hated." I said while shedding tears and hugging Jiji.

The assisstant looked at me strange and with pity.
"I don't need pity so don't show it to me. I need you to send me all of the Hokage's unfinished paperwork so I can finish it. I have done them before since I usually helped him so just send them to me til there is a new Hokage."

"Yes ma'am!" said the assisstant.

Naruto POV

I ran from the room.
'Stupid lucy. She didn't even look sad at the passing of our family member.'
As I was thinking this I didn't notice agree I was going til I bumped into someone.

"Oi, watch where your going Naruto!!" yelled Sakura- chan after I bumped into Sasuke.

I looked up and they looked shocked at me crying.
"What's wrong Naruto?" asked Sakura-chan.

"Yea, what happened?" asked Sasuke.

"Jiji died today. Me and Lucy saw his body in the infirmary. She didn't even look sad when we saw him." I told them.

"Naruto this is where you went?" Lucy asked right behind me.

Lucy POV

I found Naruto talking to Sakura and Sasuke about the death of the Hokage with the assisstant right behind me.

"Stay away from me! You don't care about me just like you didn't care about Jiji!" he yelled.

I bowed my head at that so they couldn't see the hurt that flashed though me eyes.
"That's not true! When you ran out of the infirmary she-" the assisstant started.

"Enough if he is like this let him be he will get over it eventually." I said with a blank look.

"I Hate You, You Heartless Monster!" yelled Naruto before he ran home.

This time I wasn't fast enough to cover up the hurt in my eyes, but he was too angry to see it.

I grabbed the papers from Zen and walked back to the house.

Zen POV

'Lucy' I thought.

I turned around and looked at Naruto's friends with a sad expression.

"What's wrong Zen?" asked Sakura.

"Miss Lucy is what's wrong. She didn't cry for the Hokage til Naruto left the room and when I asked her why she said, "As long as Naruto is safe I don't mind being hated." it was a sad sight." i said.

"I saw a flash of hurt go through her eyes when Naruto called her a Heartless Monster." said Sasuke.

"She doesn't want him to know that she is sad too. She wants to be strong for the both of them, so she is doing to paperwork til a new Hokage is selected. She is also going to watch over amd protect Naruto because that was the Hokage's last wish." I told them.

"Poor Lucy." said Sakura.

"Miss Lucy siad not to tell him about how she really feels and to not pity her. She hates being pitied." I said.

"Right." They both said.