16

(Please read Author's note at the end.)

Aaliyah's POV

The ride home was quick and not awkward at all. He was actually conversing with me but I could tell he was off. He didn't look as happy as he was a few hours ago and his whole aura changed when David call me to make sure we got to his house safely. He's so sweet! 

I gave Maria the cake I brought back for her since she didn't feel comfortable coming. After helping August upstairs I came back down to get my stuff and we started talking about the party. I even had to mention David because she thought August and I are together. 

"I'm sorry for assuming dear, he only bring a few women around here." She explains

"He has brought girls here?" I question suddenly interest in his love life that he said was none existence.

Not surprise he lied though.

"He is a man sweetheart." She chuckles and I joined her

"Of course."

"Well it's time for me to go, I'll see you tomorrow love." She says grabbing her purse

"Goodnight Maria." I waved her off watching her walk through the double doors.

I sighed letting my eyes wonder around the house. It's really beautiful but it definitely needs a woman's touch. Why did it bother me so much that he brought other women here? He's obligated to do whatever he desires but he never brought women around unless he was serious about them.

I shook my thoughts away turning off the lights then went upstairs. I stop outside August's debating if I should go in or not. He had an attitude when I brought him up here and knowing him, he's still aggravated. After a few seconds, I went in to find him walking out the bathroom butt ass naked.

"August what the hell." I gasp looking away

"I forgot my towel and... it's my house so I can do whatever I want." He says bluntly 

"Could've asked me to bring you one." I say still looking everywhere but him

"I didn't feel like it and it's not like you haven't seen me naked before." He smirks. I didn't even have to look at him to know.

"Hurry up and put some clothes on." I say turning away from him

"I still need help." He says

"So you can shower by yourself but you can't put your boxers on." I say and he shrugs

"All I was doing was standing and watching my junk." He says like it's was nothing

"I didn't need to know what you were doing." I made a face of disgust

"You've seen me in action before so don't make that face." He chuckles and I rolled my eyes trying hard to forget that memory.

"And you said I couldn't get you on your knees." He chuckles looking down at me. I glared up at him quickly pulling his boxers up then hitting his leg make him groan in pain.

"Your welcome." I mumbled getting ready to walk out when he grab my hand.

"What August?" I ask. I really not in the mood to deal with him right now.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said that." He said

"It's fine." 

"No, it's not. You've been helping me so much and I'm really grateful, so I'm sorry for what I've been saying." He says sincerely

"It's okay." I said looking in his eyes for the first time. 

"You sure?" He asks raising his eyebrows

"Yes. Goodnight August." I say removing my hand from his

"Leaving so early." He says just before I existed his room

"It's 12:30 a.m."

"And?"

"I'm tired and I have plans tomorrow." 

"With Dave, I'm guessing."

"David and yes." I mentally rolled my eyes at him saying David's name wrong on purpose.

"Another hour won't hurt."

"August I'm not getting in that bed with you so stop." "God knows who has been-"

"No other woman has been in my bed but I would love for you to be the first." He smirks 

"As tempting as that sounds, I rather be in someone else's bed right now." I winked and his face expression fell

"Aw c'mon, you don't have anything smart or inappropriate to say back." I laugh and he rolled his eyes

"Goodnight August." I waited for him to say it back but he didn't. I sighed walking out closing his door then walking into the room a door down from his.

I took a quick shower before getting in bed. After a hour a trying to sleep, I gave up. I called David but I saw that he sent me a goodnight text so I figured he fell asleep.

Why did August react that way when I said that? Okay... so I obviously know why but why did he look so hurt? I know he has to be over me or at least he's doing things that seems like he is. 

We both moved on... right?

_________________________________

I don't know what I'm writing anymore. Do you guys still like this story?

Since most people want August and Aaliyah back together, I'm thinking of doing it soon, but I don't want it to be cliche. Any ideas?

I want to keep David in the picture for a bit though.?

10 thousand + reads!!!! Yasss bih 😇😘✨