10

Aaliyah's POV

  You take me higher

Higher than I've ever been babe

Just come over let's pour a drink babe

I hope I ain't calling you too late  

I sighed when I heard my alarm go off. I grab my phone from the bedside table then dismissing the alarm. The time read 5:00 a.m.. I hate getting up so early in the morning but I have to. My shift starts at 7 o'clock but it takes me an hour or later to get ready and twenty minutes to get to the Hospital. I groaned rolling out my bed and dragged my body into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower while I took off my pajamas, which consist of a large t-shirt and boy shorts. After my quick shower, I brush my teeth then got dressed in a pair of light blue scrubs and fold my lab coat neatly putting it in my bag. I don't really wear makeup to work but to keep myself from looking dead, I apply a little concealer to my face. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail then making my bed before exiting my bedroom.

I made myself some breakfast and a cup of coffee. While eating I received a message from Symone, telling me to have a good day at work. I smile to myself sending her a quick reply then grabbing my car keys exiting my apartment. That was my routine every single morning.

The roads were clear, so I drove slowly singing along to whatever song came on the radio. Twenty minutes later I pulled into the huge parking lot that belongs to Metropolitan Medical Center. I took the elevator to the second floor. I signed then walked to my office closing the door. Patients didn't start coming until around eight or nine so I had time to go through my files and the list of appointments for today. In total I had eight this morning and six in the afternoon. 

Working with children, especially babies makes me want to have kids but I need a steady relationship before kids come in the picture. They can be a pain sometimes especially when it comes to them getting injections. I don't like doing it but I have... sometimes I'll have a nurse do it when Dr. Payne is busy. He's the head Pediatrician on the floor but he handle most serious cases with the kids. He's a very attractive man... like he's sexy as f*ck but he's very professional and strict. He has his moments when he'll actually have lunch with the works but he mostly stays to himself.

My thoughts got interrupted by the devil himself.

"Good morning Dr. Payne." I greet with a smile. I can him from where I was standing and oh my god, he smells so good. He's a very handsome man. His hair was nicely faded with blonde curls on top and he has a nice amount of facial hair. He wore a white long sleeve shirt but his sleeves were rolled up showing off his tattoos and it was tucked neatly into his black jeans. 

"Enjoying the view Ms. Mitchell." His deep voice snap me out of my thoughts.

"Uh... sorry. I- I" 

"It's fine love, don't worry." He chuckles lightly

"No, that wasn't very professional of me and I know that you don't like it when-" 

"You're rambling again." He says showing off his pearly whites

"Sorry." I mumbled looking down at my desk

"No worries love. It's cute." He chuckles "You seem to do that a lot in my presence."

"Cute?" I say raising my eyebrow

"Well you're more beautiful that cute." He says making me smile

"Um.. Thanks"

"Your welcome Ms. Mitchell. Have a good day. " He smiles opening the door.

"You too Dr. Payne." I smile waving him off. He sent me a wink before closely the door behind him

I sighed contently leaning back in my chair. I honestly can't believe that just happened. He has talked to me before but never like this and he was actually flirting. He's normally very serious and strict and stayed in his office until his lunch break or to greet a new patient. I wouldn't say I like him but it can happen. He seems to have his life together and looks like the time to want a longterm relationship with.I don't think he's in a relationship... I hope not.

"Oh my god!" My friend and co-worker Jessica whisper yells rushing into my office closing the door behind her.

"What happened?" I ask

"Did Dr. Payne just leave your office with a smile on his face?" She says sounding more like a statement than a question

"I don't know Jess." 

"Don't play that innocent card with me." She says resting her hands on her hip

"He came to greet me, that's all." I lied. He did come to greet me but I didn't feel like explaining what happened to her because she'll try to make nothing out of something.

"I knew he had feelings for you." She says

"I doubt it Jess so don't make a big deal out of it." I said and she nodded rolling her eyes playfully

"Get to work ladies." Dr Payne says walking past my office

"Yes sir." Jess smiles sending me a wink before going back to her area.

I check the time to see it was almost 8:30 and my first appointment will be here in fifteen minutes. I put on my lab coat and straightened up the room.

Throughout the whole day Dr. Payne kept stopping by and have small conversations between my appointments. He even help me with a few patients since he didn't have much to do. This had to be the best day since I started working here.

_______________________________

Dedicated to shavonna21 because she always helps me when I need it.

Thoughts?