Chapter Twenty Six

Hi babes!! New update 😊
I've been busy lately because I just moved and also I have exams this week, but I made time to whip up a chapter bc you guys are so loyal to me and I thank you for that. I hope y'all enjoy-I tried even though my brain's a bit cluttered at the moment lol

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing but the plot and am not affiliated with the cast and crew of faking it. This is purely a work of fiction and I'm not making any profit.

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB13zmGJXXXXXX0XXXXq6xXFXXXX/New-Design-High-Neck-font-b-Short-b-font-Sleeve-Sky-Blue-Sheer-font-b-Short.jpg
---

(Prom Night)

"Amy, honey, come on! Ciara is waiting on you!" Farrah called up the stairs to her daughter, who'd been getting ready (with the help of Lauren) for over 2 hours.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Amy mumbled, struggling down the stairs in her heels.

"Stand up straight-what are you, some type of hunchbacked peasant??" Lauren huffed, adjusting her sister's back so she was standing straight.

"Sorry, bad habit," she laughed nervously as she made her way down the stairs and faced everyone.

Ciara's mouth dropped. Amy blushed, her heart racing because she'd never seen the girl so in love.

"Oh my Lord.."

Amy tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, suddenly becoming very shy and giddy. "H-Hey.."

Farrah gasped, placing a hand over her chest. Her daughter looked absolutely beautiful.

Amy was wearing a high neck sky blue sheer short sleeved dress that stopped at her knees and pouffed out slightly at the bottom, like a Cinderella dress. It had pretty sparkly silver detailing at the top and made her look like an actual princess.
She had on silver heels (that she was slightly struggling to walk in, mind you) and her hair was braided on the sides and cascaded into loose, long curls.

"See? A little makeup and hairspray never hurt anyone," Lauren said with a wink to a blushing Amy, who was feeling like a nervous little kid in front of Ciara. "..You look great, Amy," her stepsister said without a hint of sarcasm. She smiled.

Amy just reached out and hugged her-they were still getting used to each other and occasionally had their uneasy moments, but overall they were becoming close like real sisters.

"I can't believe you're wearing a dress and makeup without being forced!" Farrah joked with a small laugh. "But seriously, look beautiful, honey," she added.

"I agree," Ciara grinned, walking closer to the girl. She was wearing a crisp and clean looking black tuxedo with a blue bowtie and a blue flower clipped to the pocket (she and Amy had coordinated their colors for prom, like most couples did). She had on suede black Oxfords and her hair was straightened for the first time since they'd met. Amy was surprised, but felt her heart go thump thump thump in her chest because the girl just looked so good.

"This is for you, beautiful," the black girl said as she pulled a pretty blue corsage out of the box and adjusted it to fit around her girlfriend's wrist.

Amy smiled, not knowing what to say. She'd never done this before.

Karma just sat on the couch, trying her best to hide the fact that she was not only jealous, but pissed off. She couldn't help it. She knew she needed to be happy for Amy like she'd always done for her, but the feeling of loneliness and envy overcame her quickly as she watched Amy  and Ciara take cute coupley prom photos and hold each other tight. The way Ciara looked into Amy's eyes-with so much love and passion, like she was the only girl in the world-that was all Karma wanted. And seeing her best friend having something like that when she was all alone just sucked.