Chapter Nine: New Assistant

Note: *coughs* This is totally not a teaser for the third and final world of the series. Nope. *coughs* Welp, things just got more intense. Hopefully, nothing happens with Chie...~ Look forward to the summer festival everyone. It's going to be great! Everyone is apologizing to each other in this chapter...~ Oh by the way, don't expect updates on this for awhile. I need to catch up with my other works!

Souji's Point of View

    "This is a nice place." said the boy which made Souji laugh out loud. He had to admit, it was a nice place. Just the state of it right now isn't the greatest.

    "Yeah, totally. Would you like a drink?" he asked since the blue haired boy looked like he was going to faint at any moment.

    "Yes please. I would like that." Souji went into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator.

    "Orange juice? Or do you want lemonade?" Minato shrugged and replied with that it didn't matter. The teen just picked the beverage closest to him which was lemonade. He poured the drink into a glass cup. "...So, what's up? I haven't seen you this tired before." The boy stared at his glass of lemonade. He didn't respond which made Souji worry, "...Minato?" he raised a hand and waved it in front of his face.

     "Ah... Sorry about that," he brought the cup to his lips and took a sip out of it. "did you make this? Tastes great."

     "Y-yeah. I had a craving for lemonade yesterday evening." Minato laughed at that comment. Seeing him laugh brought a fluttering feeling to his chest. What could that be? The boy still looked fatigued, but somewhat better than before at least. 

     Minato sighed, "...Phew, feeling much better now," he set the cup back onto the counter. He looked around the kitchen with curiosity, "it's just like back in the dorms..." he murmured with a fond tone.

     "Back in the dorms?" the other looked shocked then calmed down back into his usual neutral state.

     "Yeah. I used to live in a dorm with some Gekkoukan High students. There were unique situations to say the least." Minato had a thin smile appear on his face. 

     "Do you miss them?" he asked. This may have been a sensitive subject for the boy though. "I can find them at some point for you if you want."

     "I'd rather not meet them again. They've moved on. It's really kinda depressing..." 

     "I see..." for the sake of the boy next to him, he decided to drop it for now. "Guess I should give you those cookies to you now?"

     "That would be nice, but you don't need to." he replied with a content expression.

     "Well... I don't need to bake them since I have earlier."

    Minato seemed amused, "Oh? You've been busy."

     "Not really. I-I was planning to give you some. Too much to eat on my own." Souji rummaged around in one of the kitchen's many cupboards and found the cookies. They were nicely placed in a small goodie bag.

     "Who in their right mind would make too many for themselves?" he asked, more entertained than before.

     "S-shut up." the other smiled at Souji's embarrassment. 

     Minato got up from his seat and stretched, "Well, thanks anyway for the thought. I appreciate it." he seemed contemplative for a few moments until he took one of Souji's hands. "...Do you mind if I tell you something?"

     The teen raised an eyebrow at that. He was being awfully weird today, "Of course you can." he responded with a curious face. Minato sighed and squeezed the hand he was holding.