Chapter Four: The Wildcards

That dream earlier was far too demented to Souji. The increasing pain in his head was affecting him to the point where moving wasn't an option. Eventually the pain subsided slightly and he could move from his comfortable position on the bed. His first day in Inaba hasn't given him a good impression. It had him questioning the barrier of what's real and what wasn't. One thing that is real, a blue key and a envelope near his phone. It doesn't take a genius to guess where the piece of metal came from. Cautiously, he reached out towards the key and grabbed it. Inspecting the key closer there was a initial.

      M.A. There's a scribble right next to it too....Just like the tree. What could this mean?

      Pulling away from the key his attention was drawn to the envelope. The letter had a red seal concealing whatever was inside. Whoever sent him this wanted to make sure no one else would take ahold of it. When he opened the letter, a cute  bear charm popped out. The bear seemed oddly familiar; deja vu perhaps. Directing his thought process to ignore the charm he began to skim through the letter.

Dear Souji,
Miracle is a system dedicated to reading the future and preventing unfortunate situations. However, we will only tell the future of those whom you're acquainted with. Whether you can stop or change these events is up to you. From now on these facts will be sent to your phone instead.

-Last night, Yosuke was pulled into an unknown area. If not found soon, he will cease to be.

That is all. Have a fantastic day.
-Miracle

Souji found himself having trouble to breathe. Death, he never liked that word and won't be anytime soon. There's a high chance that Yosuke won't live for much longer. Also, he was slightly worried about how Miracle obtained his phone number and how it sent in a letter while he was sleeping. Now he is definitely going to ask his parents to install a better lock system.

       The only person who he knew would have the answers was the very boy he met yesterday. The only problem was his location. Where could he be? His answer came about while approaching the area with the tree. The person in question was listening to music on a bench and singing softly to whatever his headphones were currently playing.

My soul sways back and forth in a melody like a daydream.
A petal of my thoughts drifts in the flow, casting shadows.
This faintly scented love will blossom proudly one day.
Wrapped in promises, my words melt.
The cherry blossoms sway back and forth,
and the cold clear sound of slicing sparkles.

One, two, my gathered memories shine.
Whirling, wandering towards the expansive sky.
Interwoven, without extinguishing that smile of promise.
One day, I'll reach that road of cherry blossoms...

      The silver haired teen had to admit, the other had a natural talent for singing. It seemed like the boy with headphones was planning to continue but upon catching a glimpse at silver eyes he shut his mouth. Quite a shame since he wanted to continue listening. Removing his headphones, Minato placed them on his lap and scooted over to give Souji a place to sit. Good call, since he was feeling extremely worn out.

       There was a long silence afterwards, it was broken when said boy spoke up, "...Pretend you didn't hear that." His cheeks were a little flushed, possibly from embarrassment.

       "You sounded great though. Haha, sing again for me sometime." The other shrugged at that praise and continued to speak.