"You don't need it. Let's go. ", she grabs my hand and her purse."The sooner we get there, the sooner we will leave."

"Lydia.. ", I groan at her attitude. Can't she be happy about it? For Christ's sake my best buddy is getting married.

"What? You knew I didn't wanna go in the first place so don't be so surprised.", she tells me as we walk to my car.

"Just try not to make a scene at the wedding. ", I warn her.

"Or..", she challenges.

"Or I'll be mad at you. ", I glare. She laughs.

"Oh, Ross. You've been mad at me countless times before.", she sits on the passenger's seat and closes the door. I get in the car too.

"Let's try this way.. Complain about anything or anyone at the wedding, make someone uncomfortable, do any fucking thing that would make Colton regret inviting you and there's no sex for you. For three weeks. ", I threaten.

Her eyes widen and she huffs in defeat, leaning against the window.

"Fine.", Lydia hisses. "Just so you know, I could have found anyone to fuck me. My world doesn't revolve around you."

I grit my teeth and stay quiet. Can she not say things like that? Anger builds up inside of me and I curse as the car starts moving.

"Shut up. ", I say coolly.

From the corner of my eye, I see a smirk forming on her face. Why does every situation always turn this way? Why can't I hold the power over her once in my goddammit life? Lydia is too sneaky. I don't like that. I've never liked powerful women because they can't be controlled. They're like the fire that can't be extinguished by water either.

The rest of the car ride is silent with Lydia's hand on my thigh. I drive safely and hum to the song on the radio.

Do I even love her? We've been together for almost a year but we've never actually said it. Mainly because Lydia isn't type of a girl that needs to be spoiled, always given compliments and cuddled in bed all night. We almost never touched after sex. She would roll to her side and I would stay at mines, just scrolling through the phone and often making comments about how her freaking foot is hurting my ankle.

I sometimes wish she was different though. I wish I had someone to ignite the fire with but stay close to them when the heat is gone. Maybe I'm just being irrational. Lydia is great but.. Women are made to be loved. If they don't allow you to love them, what's left? Oh, besides animalistic sex, of course.

I pull over in a huge parking lot. The backyard of a hotel is already packed and loud music is cutting through my ears. White balloons are hung up at the entrance as well as roses. It looks nice.

I step out of the car and Lydia does too. Locking it, I put up my arm for her to grab onto it and she does. Sounds of clicking heels roll off of the sidewalk. Huge entrance stays behind us as we enter and walk down the path. Guests are talking amongst themselves, dancing, drinking and having fun. The ceremony hasn't started yet. I think.

We turn to the building and enter it, finding ourselves in a huge empty hallway.

Not exactly empty, since someone's rushing steps break me from my thoughts.

"Oh my God! Ross, Lydia! ", Kate gasps and hurries towards us. Her long white gown raises from the ground as she holds it. White roses are making her black hair even prettier and she looks good.

"You look amazing.", I smile and pull away from Lydia to give her a hug.

"I'm so glad you guys are here. ", she pulls away with a big smile covering her face."Colton is here somewhere. He's outside in the garden. The ceremony will start soon. I'm still getting ready. ", she chuckles.

"You don't need to get ready any longer. You look good. ", I give her a compliment.

"Mentally ready.. I still have time to run, you know. ", she laughs and Lydia and I do the same.

"I advice you to. ", Lydia says. "Unless his dick tastes like chocolate, he isn't worth it. "

"Wow. Low standards, Lydia. "

My girlfriend and Colton's bride exchange a hug and I desperately watch as they start chatting about dresses and shit. Kill me now.

I walk back outside, looking for the idiot of a groom. No sign of him.

Colton and I have actually been friends since birth, literally. Two of us went our separate ways after highschool because I continued schooling in Boston and he came to New York. Now we are here together and I actually wanted to move. We kept in touch, of course, but drifted apart during last two years.

"Shit! Is that really you or have I gone that crazy to imagine you in a suit? ", Colton laughs as he rushes over to me. My face lightens up with humor.

"Unfortunately, it's not a hallucination.", I fake a sigh. "You see, this son of a bitch forced me to go to his wedding and I couldn't actually come in a shorts.."

Colton chuckles and wraps his arms around me in a big hug. I hug him and pat his back.

"I missed you man. You look awesome. ", he says while pulling away.

"Yeah, I do, don't I?", I smirk. He rolls his eyes. "Just kidding. That tuxedo fits good on you. Wear it more often. I bet Kate loves it."

"Did you see her? "

"Yeah. She told me she is getting ready. She said she still has time to run.", I smile.

"Oh shut up Lynch. Tell me what's going on. We haven't seen each other in three months. ", his arm wraps around my shoulders as he leads me to the counter.

We order a beer and begin catching up to everything we've lost. I tell him about Lydia and how we've had ups and downs but generally are good for now. They're both a year older than me. Their graduation is in a year. I question Colton about their relationship. I ask him how would I know if I'm really in love with someone. He tells me how that can't be explained. It's life experience that teaches you to make difference between love and like.

I sigh in exasperation and finish my second cup of beer. That's when I notice everyone staring at someone. I raise my head and it's a girl. Beautiful skin, nice body shape, all too familiar face. I swallow the lump in my throat. I can tell why everyone is staring. Her dress is white and tight, pure opposite to her ink covered skin. She has tattoos on her back and right arm. Could it be..

"Who is that? ", I whisper to Colton. He turns around and bites his lip.

"That's my cousin, Laura. You know Laura. "

"Jesus.", I cover my mouth and cough for a second. Laura Marano? Is it truly her? This is the first time I see her in ages. "Is that really her?"

"Please just don't try to make conversations with her. She's a really tough person. She'll get you mentally exhausted.", my best friend advices, just like in the past when I was drowning over my lost love.

••••••

Alright babes. Another Raura book. I'm bored and that so I decided to start with it. I think it could be pretty good! After series are my inspiration and I thought.. Why always make it a bad guy and a good girl? Why not.. a bad girl and a good guy? 😏 Let's see where this takes us!!

Vote and comment please if you liked it!!