Chapter 14

~Dark Lillie~ chapter fourteen

Niall's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning in my car. I drove half way home last night but then decided to go back. Well Harry and Becca convinced me to go back. So I parked the car outside the house and fell asleep. I had convinced Harry and Becca to go home though. After they calmed me down. I was livid. How could she be doing this? not only to me but to herself. She's reminding me to much of...myself. I shutter. I didn't want to think like that. It scared the shit out of me. I know what its like to be in that state of mind. The drugs, the drinking, the sex all of it could be such a rush and could feel very empowering. It could destroy you. That's what it did to Greg and I. That's why I got to help Lillie out of this. She helped me out, so I had to try. no matter how angry I got. My biggest fear though is that I wont be enough. She was enough for me but what if I'm not enough for her? Again I shutter. The thought of her being trapped in that endless cycle was horrifying. I had to work on temper with her though. Fucking hell what if she had sex with that asshole I ripped off her last night? I could feel my blood start to boil. This is what I had to work on. I also needed to start working out again. Get stronger. To protect her better. Ever since Marley passed away I hadn't been keeping that up. It still made tears come to my eyes every time I thought up her. But right now I needed to focus on Lillie. And to do that I needed to work on myself a bit. But in the back of my mind a little voice was chastising me. What if I wasn't enough?

Lillie's P.O.V

I wake to a piercing ringing in my head. I had the worst headache ever. What fuck happened? Where was I? I look around at my surroundings trying to fit the pieces together. Everything was pretty much a blur but from what I could comprehend I got pretty wasted , Niall was there, then I passed out. And that I came with Heather. Which I should probably look for her. I really needed to go home. I felt like shit. So I got up wobbly when I realized, I didn't have a shirt on. Thank god I had a bra on but honestly what the hell happened to my shirt? I couldn't remember. Honestly I didn't care at the moment I just wanted to go home and get some aspirin or something to make the pounding go away. I needed to find Heather. Hopefully she didn't leave me. Well looking for her and something to cover up with my hung-over-self ran into someone.

"Woah there babe," The raspy voice said pulling me back into a normal stances after I almost fall on my ass.

"S-Sorry," I stutter a bit light headed looking up at him. I'm baffled a bit when I see him. I guess I wasn't expecting the face that came with that voice. His eye were very piercing blue color and his hair was almost an ombre color. The majority of his hair was brown but it did lighten up a bit naturally towards the end of his flipped quaff. He was pretty damn hot in my opinion. Pretty well built to. And something about his voice sounded very familiar.

"You alright?" He asked smirking at me a bit. He wasn't very good at hiding the fact that he was looking down at my breasts.

"Y-Yeah, yeah sorry I'm not feeling very well." I pull away from him a bit looking for something to cover up with.

"Yeah I can sorta tell, you don't look very good." I give him a look and he just chuckles a bit. "Sorry that's not what I meant,"

"No your right I probably look like shit. I feel like it." I say rubbing my temples.

"Here," he says taking his hoodie off and handing it to me. "As much as I love the view babe, I think you need this more then me."

I laugh slightly rolling my eyes. "Thanks,"

"I'm Sawyer by the way." Then it suddenly clicked. His voice, those eyes. He was the guy I was dancing on when Niall came and interrupted. Also I'm pretty sure I took body shots off him...

"Right, I know you, kind of...I'm Lillie." He smirks as if you read my mind.

"Yeah your a party animal, " He winks. I can't help myself from blushing.

"Its a good thing," I just continued being embarrassed as he snickered at me.

"You need a ride babe?" He asked after teasing me.

"Actually I kind of came with someone,"

"Right your friend, she actually left with some girl last night."

"Oh, great," I say with thick sarcasm. He smirks again.

"So I guess its decided then, I'll give you a ride." He looked very pleased.

"Are you even okay to drive?" I say cocking my eyebrows. He scoffs.

"Please, If I wasn't okay to drive could I do this?" He says backing up a bit then sticking his arms out as if to help him balance. He begins walking in a straight line holding his head up high and superior. He finishes his little show doing a bow at the end. I just laugh shaking my head.

"Your going to have to do something more impressive then that to prove it to me hun,"

"Okay, okay, fair enough, I'll say the alphabet backwards yeah?" I just nod laughing at how ridiculous he is. "Okay ready.... Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A," He finish with a proud triumphant smile on his face. I cant help but laugh.

"So, did I convince you?" I sigh and look at him for a moment.

"I suppose so," He smiles wider.

"Awesome, lets go,"

We walk outside and I wasn't surprised to see people just getting up as well and leaving. It was probably about noon or late morning. As he was opening the door for me to get in his car I notice something out of the corner of my eye. A person. Before I could even grasp what was happening Sawyer is shoved away from harshly by a familiar figure. Niall. Of course. He's about to go for him again but I intervene.

"Niall what the fuck are you doing?!" He shoots his glare from Sawyer to me.

"I could ask you the same fucking thing!"

"Leave Niall! This is none of your damn business!" Rage flared in his eyes.

"Everything you do is my business Lillie!"

"Not anymore its not! Don't you get it, just go!" By this time Sawyer had found his way back by my side again. Niall's nostrils flared as his jaw clenched.

"Fine, but I'm coming back, I'm not giving up on you Lillie." With one last glare at Sawyer he sped away in his car. I took a deep breath angrily.

"Uh your boyfriend?" He guessed.

"Ex-boyfriend," I correct him.

"You still want me to take you home or-"

"Actually, lets go to your place," I say smirking at him. He smiles a bit amused at me now. But he nods and we both get in the car. I knew this would piss Niall off. And for some reason that made me feel good. It made me feel like I was in control. Not him. But me. That's what I craved. And I had a feeling Sawyer was one of my tickets to that gateway.