Chapter 54 Torn apart & Numb

Start from the beginning

I was crying badly. My tears didn't stop. I got in my car and drove off. I don't know where I am driving too and I don't care right now.

My phone rang. I looked at it was James. I cut his call and threw my phone out of the car window.

I stopped the car in front of my house. I went in and locked the doors and I broke down crying.

 I went in and locked the doors and I broke down crying

I... I can't take it anymore. It hurts. It hurts bad. I threw my purse at the mirror. It broke down. I cried my eyes out till I had no breath or energy left in me.

I fell asleep crying on the floor.

I woke up by the sun rays hitting my eyes through the curtains. I dragged my body to sit up. I had no energy left in me. I didn't cry anymore I let My every emotion out yesterday night. Right now I feel nothing.

I feel numb.

I looked at my bag for my phone. Oh, I forgot I threw it out of the window yesterday. I dragged myself up to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. I looked horrible not that I cared. I care for nothing right now.

The thought of James came to my mind. "He didn't even come after me... I will not think of him anymore..... I hate him."

I punched the mirror. It broke and cut my hand. Blood started dripped. I can't stay here... I have to get away from here.

I need a break. I changed into the old clothes I had. I opened the door and went out. I drove off.

The picture of James and that girl flashed before my eyes. I speed up more in anger. I don't want to love. I never want to feel this way.

I didn't look at the signal or road. I was going at high speed right now.

Tear escape from my eyes. No, don't cry Mia. I closed my eyes to escape but I couldn't.

*Beeeep* the car horned me. Shit, I forgot that  I am on the road. I hurriedly hit the gas and moved forward. I looked at the signal it's red then why is the car beeping?

"Seriously..." a car from the opposite direction hit me. I jerked off and hit the staring wheel. Ah...it hurts. I touched my head it's bleeding.

I looked up...my vision was a blur. The first name came to my mind... "James...." I whispered.

I realised that I still love him...

" Call 911. Fast..." a young man screamed. A strong pair of hands got me out of my car to himself. "Stay awake Cara" he shouted taking me in his arms. I couldn't see his face. All was a blur.

I fell unconscious.

~
Ah, my whole body aches. My head hurts. * BEEP* * BEEP * * BEEP * * BEEP * what's that noise?

I am in the hospital?

It seems like an ECG machine sound. My eyelids feel heavy...I tried to open my eyes. All is a blur.

" it's good that you bought her in at the right moment...If any..."

" How is she, doctor?" The strange asked.

" well, she...." I went unconscious again.

~
I woke up after a while. My eyes were heavy. I put my all strength in and tries to sit up and look around.

" No angel...don't get up. You need rest." It's James' voice. I turned to him.

" James?" I whispered.

" Angel please rest right now. I will listen to whatever you had to say to me later."

With these words, I fell asleep. Those painkillers and sedatives are working I guess.

I  woke up again.

I saw the nurse was taking care of me. "Oh, miss I am glad you awake" I touched my head. It was wrapped in a bandage.

" ..." I reached for the water and drank it. I looked around and was James sleeping in the chair beside the bed.

"That man was waiting for you to wake up. He was here the whole day and he didn't leave for a single second. He must love you very much..." the nurse said.

"you're lucky the car didn't hit you too hard. But you have several bruises and injuries.

" who bought like here?" I asked.

" Sorry Miss you have to ask the doctor that. I am not allowed to say anything more." I  saw James waking up. He looked at me and came near me.

" Your awake angel. Ah, I am so relieved. I was so worried. " he let out a relief sign.

" James..." he stopped me.

" I know we have many things to discuss and I have many things to say but all that can wait till you get better."

" but..."

" please angel I just want you to get better now. The doctor's said no stress. I will tell you everything when you come home...please just rest for now..."

I nodded.

That's right we have many things to discuss. The doctor came.

" Doctor when she will be able to go home?" James asked him.

" We would like to keep her for observations tonight. You can take her home tomorrow."

"Thank you doctor." James said.

Night came. James was still sitting here by my side. " James you should go home. Get some sleep." I said to him.

" No angel. I will not leave you alone. Neven again ever. We will go home together tomorrow " he touched my face.

I nodded.