Chap 15. Why? (part three)

Trigger Warning

Chapter 15

Why? (Part three)

Kota's POV

When my father first started getting violent with my mother and I, I felt like anything that ever went right in my world was throwing my luck back at me.

I remember that shouting would turn to 1 hit, then 1 hit turned into 5 and then 5 turned in 47. Then there was the time that he would whip us instead. The burning sensation was only just bearable, but painful all the same.

I used to think it was because I was happy. That I was safe. That I had a good education and was in the advanced programme. That I had friends.

Or at least I thought I had friends. I remember walking into school after a beating and my friends had been talking to the popular kids. Telling them my secrets.

"Hey, did you know Dakota is still afraid of the dark at 7? So sad right?" "Hey, did you know that Dakota doesn't even have a PHONE?"

I hated them, I hated my father, I hated school, and I hated myself. Every wall I had created crumbled with my confidence, trust and happiness. I didn't know what to do with my life, I had had it all planned out back then.

It had all seemed so simple, so easy. Survive school, go to college and get a good job, and take my mom and sister away from my father and provide for them.

But I became so lost. I didn't go to school, I cut myself, I cried myself to sleep every night, and I lost meaning to living.

I tried to take my life when I was 10. Young, I know. I had missed my wrists with the knife so many times, but I lost a lot of blood. I remember waking up in a hospital bed (with a guy that dressed casually with a cigarette behind his ear, I had wondered how he had managed to get away with that thing getting into the hospital) and another who was dressed in an immaculate suit. They looked about 13 at most.

My life had changed at that moment.

For the better.

I learned that scars may heal over time, but a shattered soul takes a lot longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, I know. It was horrible to write, but I had to get an update up. Who feels sorry for Kota? Next will be...

.
.
.
.
.

North!

See you in the next chapter!