Samuel shook his head "The path he went down is now unforgivable"

"He used to be so pleasant to be around, we still are unsure of what happened to his personality" Josephine said, shaking her head as well.

"Well she did finally come out" someone spoke.

I looked up and saw a tall man, holding two drinks.

"I ran into Issac and he said he was getting a drink for Cordelia" he said, handing me a glass "It's nice to finally meet you"

"Nice to meet you as well" I said, feeling nervous around him.

"My name is Henry" he said, taking a seat opposite of Lionel and Josephine.

"Henry is basically second in command, next to Gabriel" Montgomery said.

Gabriel seems like the type that wouldn't have someone horrible as is right hand man.

Henry smiled, showing his dimples "Gabriel is working on some last minute important work, so unfortunately he cannot join us"

"That's odd, he doesn't usually have crucial work that shows up so late" Lionel said.

"It's not too late, it showed up last night and he has been working on it since then" Henry said, taking a long drink.

Samuel gave me a look, putting two and two together.

"We aren't having any problems are we?" Montgomery asked, looking worried.

"No, no. Nothing to be worried about, afterall, if it was extremely problematic then I would be with him, helping" Henry said, confidently.

Samuel cleared his throat "Cordelia, do you mind if I speak to you somewhere else"

I gave a small nod and we stood.

"Leaving so soon?" Henry asked.

I looked down "I just need to speak to him about something from last night"

"Ah yes, I heard you had quite the fright from something last night. Your screams seemed to echo throughout the manor" Henry spoke, looking at me curiously.

"She's fine, Henry. Florence has just been meaning to speak to her and I finally remembered" Samuel said, playing smoothly.

Henry nodded "Well it was nice to finally meet the infamous Cordelia"

I nodded "Likewise"

I quickly followed Samuel out of the room and into an empty room, down the hallway.

"Why do I feel like there is something going on about last night that you left out" he said, crossing his arms.

I looked down "Gabriel just requested that I keep details to myself. Just until I gain more control"

"Why? All vampires receive gifts, why is this one needing to be so secretive?"

I slowly looked up at him "Samuel, if I tell you this, then you cannot tell anyone else. Not even Florence"

His face got more serious as he realized that the situation wasn't just something pass aside.

"Should we go upstairs to your room then?" he asked.

I nodded "That's probably the best place"

We made our way upstairs, careful not to draw any attention to ourselves. Although at this rate the other vampires probably assumed that something was happening between Samuel and I, because of how close we were.

Once we were upstairs in my room, I slowly closed the door and locked it.

"Go ahead" he said, taking a seat on the bed.