7 - Meeting and Knowing

My legs felt weak, today was the day I would (hopefully) encounter my true family.

As it turned out Lacey was going to Hogwarts as well, so when August came and Jeremy left for his school, the two of us and Mr. And Mr. Ken went to England. They claimed we needed the month to 'get to know the traditions and the layout of the land around London.' Mrs. and Mr. E were against it, but I claimed it would be a good idea since I had only been outside in London for about 24 hours before we packed up and moved to America.

So here we were now, almost a month later, getting ready to go to Kings Cross station to catch the train.

"Calm down CamiAnne. You don't know for sure that anyone in your true family actually attends Hogwarts. It may take a few years to hear anything about your family."

"Listen Lacey!" I replied. "I'm telling you that someone from my real family is attending Hogwarts, I can feel it."

"She has a good point, Lacey. The Weasleys are quite a large family. If I remember correctly, they have 7 children, 8 if you count Camila herself. There is a good chance that at least one of them is at Hogwarts."

She huffed. "Yeah whatever."

I sighed. I don't think that anyone could calm me down if I wanted them to. I was just terrified as we pulled up to the station (with 5 minutes to get on the train, no less). We quickly grabbed our trunks and ran for the entrance.

When we arrived at platforms 9 and 10, we looked around to see if we could see anyone else before quickly running through the barrier onto platform 9 3/4.

Another family had clearly come in shortly before we had. They were all red-heads. One had a head boy badge, one was carrying a broom and frowning  at what seemed to be his younger brother, two kids, about 8 and 9, clinging on to obviously the mother and father, and twins. I had foolishly kept moving while taking all of this in and stumbled into the middle of the circle that the family had made.

"Ah- Sorry!"

"Camila are you okay?" I heard Mr. Ken yell.

"I'm fine." Lacey came to help me up, "Seriously Lacey I'm fine. I just tripped."

She looked at me suspiciously, "If you're sure CamiAnne. I'll back off."

"I told you, you have to start calling me my real name or just Camila. I don't want people here to think its okay to call me that stupid name that you made up forever ago."

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

I rolled my eyes, "Sure you do." I turned to the family. "I'm sorry about that. I'm a bit of a clutz," I lied.

I noticed the twins of the family were staring at me like I was a puzzle piece they had been looking for for years.

The mother smiled, "Oh, it's no problem dear. But you all better hurry on to the train or it will pull out without you."

I looked at my watch. "Ah! You're right! Sorry again!" I yelled as I turned toward the train. The other redheaded children started running toward the train behind me.

The Kens had already gotten Lacey settled in a compartment, so I joined her.

"This is going to be a long year, isn't it Marie?"

I turned.

There in the doorway stood the twins from the redhead family.

HOT OFF THE PRESSES AT ~ 600 WORDS. Okay so... DRAMA. YAY. Alright so this story is slowly coming to an end, meaning one more chapter and an epilogue. I'll be sad to see this story finish, just because I've been working on it for so long (almost a year now I think).
Let me know what you think!

-Alex