3 - School Days

"Camillia Anne?"

"Here."

"Jeremy?"

"Here."

The teacher prattled on through the roll while I made faces at my friends. And apparently I got caught.

"Camillia Anne Ewing! What were you doing with Miss Ken?"

"Please Miss Crawford, it was my fault," Lacey interrupted before I could respond. "I told her to do it this morning because I was planning something for her secretly and didn't want her to know."

It was true, she did ask me to do what I had started to do before I was caught, but what could she be planning? Wait, today is... I looked at the calendar. It was the day Jeremy's parents saved us from the facility, and the day I had met Lacey. Her dads were so nice and handled me like a delicate flower and made sure I ended up with all the needed objects, as Lacey was their only child, they knew what those were.

"Very well then. But I should like to see both of you after class, yes?"

"Yes ma'am," Lacey replied while I settled for a short nod.

* * *

As class ended I headed for the buses but quickly turned around remembering that Miss Crawford had asked to speak to us.

I went to her desk

"You wanted to speak to me?"

"Ah yes Miss Ewing, where is Miss Ken?"

"I don't know ma'am. She said something about 'eat and run' at lunch so..."

"So she didn't come back after lunch?"

"No ma'am."

"Very well Miss Ewing, go get on your bus to go home."

"Yes ma'am," I replied and ran off.

***

On the bus Lacey pulled me into her seat.

"So what did Mrs. Whats-her-face want?"

"She wanted you, she looked really mad too."

"Sorry CameiAnne. Didn't mean to but my dads would kill me if I got in trouble in class again."

I playfully hit her, "I told you to stop calling me that."

We both laughed, knowing she would never stop calling me that.

"Girls!" Yelled the bus driver. "Settle down!"

We just laughed more.