Chapter 6

~Lilly's POV~

I woke up and remembered that Mark and I had to go shopping today for stuff for school. I groaned and rolled back over in my bed. I heard my door open and turned towards it to see Mark standing there with a can of something. All of a sudden my face was covered with silly string and I had Mark laughing on the floor of my room. I got up and went over to Mark and took the can of Silly String and started spraying him with it. Which caused him to get up and run. I ran after him and he went down the stairs. I went after him and slipped and fell into him sending both of us crashing into the floor but I was on top of Mark making my fall more comfortable. 

"I hope you learned your lesson of not waking me up with silly string." I said getting off of Mark's chest. Mark got up and was covered in silly string and so was I.

"I was making sure you were going to get up since we have to go shopping." Mark said pulling silly string out of his hair.

"Well what if I don't want to go shopping?" I said pulling silly string off of my clothes and flinging it onto Mark's back.

"Well you have to. You need to go to school." Mark said. He turned towards me as a flicked a piece of silly string at him. It landed on his face and caused me to laugh.

"Perfect!" I said while laughing. Mark pulled the silly string off his face and looked at me.

"Really? Did you really have to hit my beautiful face?" Mark asked looking like he was a wounded puppy. I started laughing even more.

"It was an accident but an awesome accident!" I was practically on the floor laughing.

"You're so mean!" Mark said storming off like a little child into the kitchen. I followed him in there finally calming down and sitting on the counter.

"I'm sorry for hitting you in the face." I said to him as he pulled eggs from the fridge. He waved his hand at me.

"It's fine I was just messing with you. If you want you can go get ready while I make food." Mark said. I jumped off the counter and ran back to my room. I got dressed quickly and ran back to the kitchen.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked him. Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"No idea. We can just grab food at the mall if you would like." Mark said. I shrugged my shoulders not really caring.

"I don't care up to you." Mark shrugged his shoulders back and left for a minute. He came back in regular clothes.

"Let's go get you school stuff!" Mark said walking to the door. I followed him as he grabbed his keys. We left the house and I jumped into the car.

"Please don't make this overly dramatic." I asked him. All I got as a response was an evil smirk from Mark. I knew that it was going to be a long day.

~Time Skip~

I was right about it being a long day at the mall. Mark was having me get anything that he thought I might need for any reason. Anytime I tried to deny needing it he would have a full blown debate with me over it. Eventually I would have to get it because I was tired of trying to argue with him. We got home and I went into my room getting my bag ready for school. I had started packing it quickly to get it over with when Mark called me downstairs.

"Lilly!" Mark called upstairs to me. I sighed.

"Coming!" I screamed back to him. I got up from the floor of my room where I was putting everything I got away. I ran down the stairs and into the living room.

"I want you to meet Jack and his daughter. I figure you know who he is from my videos." Mark said I nodded. I didn't know that Jack had adopted someone. I hadn't seen any video about it at least.

"We'll call them whenever you finish getting your stuff ready for school." I nodded to him and went back upstairs. It took me a little while longer to get the stuff all packed. About another two hours because of all the stuff Mark got me.

"Mark I'm finished!" I said as I came downstairs. ark smiled and sent a text to someone and stood up.

"Okay. When you meet Jack he will be loud childish and very irish." Mark said. I nodded and we walked into his office where his computer was.  He opened Skype and waited a minute then a call came through.

"Answer it!" I said to him. I looked at the contact picture which was just a septiceye on a black background.

"Hey Jack!" Mark into the mic. I looked on the screen and saw a man with bright green hair. I recognized him from Mark's videos and pictures that I saw in the living room.

"Hey Mark!" Jack screamed back smiling. I smiled as to not interrupt them. Mark turned to look at me and backed away from the camera.

"All right. I want you to meet Lilly." Mark said he moved over a bit more and I came into view. I waved at Jack through the camera.

"Hi Lilly. Okay my turn! This is Alyssa." Jack said moving over so that a girl my age came into the frame of the camera. She had red hair and the brightest green eyes I have ever seen.

"Hi." She said quietly but loud enough for the mic to pick up her voice. I smiled at her and so did Mark.

"Hi Alyssa! All right Jack and I are going to leave you guys alone so you can get to know each other." Mark said and he left the focus of the camera. I looked to him confused.

"Jack and I figured t would be best if you guys talked to each other alone." He told me. I sighed and nodded my head. He walked out of the room closing the door.

"Well they are so nice as to leave us to probably not talk very much at all." Alyssa said blowing the bangs out of her eyes. I laughed.

"Tell me about it. You know Mark woke me up with silly string this morning." I told her. It was her turn to laugh.

"Well Jack and I had to go to the ER literally right after I got adopted." She told her. I then got really confused. She explained everything to me and I nodded in understanding.

"Yeah I used to get beat up all the time in the orphanage too." I said. I told me the story of me getting adopted.

"Well I guess we have more in common than I originally thought we would." She said to be. It seemed like she was thinking about something.

"Hey can I tell you something?" She asked me. I nodded and went into my listening mode.

"I had a younger sister before I got adopted but she died of cancer. I haven't told Jack this but I thought I should tell you. I don't know why I just feel like I can trust you." She said in a rush but I still understood it.

"Don't worry I feel the same way. Your secret is safe with me. Can I tell you something now?" I asked her. Alyssa nodded and sat up in her seat.

"I never met my family. I've been in the orphanage for as long as I can remember. I don't even know how old I actually should be." I said. I could tell that she sympathized with me in her own way.

"I couldn't imagine ever not knowing who my family was." She said to me quietly I just nodded.

"Well I couldn't imagine knowing my family and having a younger sister and having her die. I don't think I could've have dealt with that." I said to her. I kept quiet for a minute and so did she.

After that we continued talking for a while longer. Mark and Jack came back in eventually talking with us. I set her my phone number so she could use it whenever she wanted or needed to talk. I was now laying in my room on my bed thinking about tomorrow. The dreaded doctors appointment. I sighed and turned over in my bed getting comfortable before drifting off to sleep.