Chapter 35: Hard to Say Goodbye

Start from the beginning

Becky Jackson and her mother show up to ask Mr. Schuester to join the Glee Club because Sue has kicked her off the Cheerios. Mr. Schuester explains to them both that he would love for her to join next year, but that they are a week away from nationals and the competition season is almost over.

After his talk with Mrs. Jackson and Becky, Mr. Schuester goes in search of Sue and finds her in the teacher's lounge where he confronts her about kicking Becky off the squad. In response, Sue tells Will that she can't have Becky around her because she reminds her of her sister Jean Sylvester.

After Will's incredulous response that she loves her sister, Sue explains to him that she does, but that Jean unfortunately died from pneumonia and passed away in her sleep the day before.

Rachel confronts Finn in a hallway asking why he hasn't signed up for the male lead at Nationals, to which he replies that Jesse's remarks have destroyed his confidence "I'm Lima good not New York City good" and that he will not be auditioning.

Emma and Will are in his apartment packing up his belongings before he heads to New York with the kids. After Nationals he will be staying for a while to appear in Crossrhodes: The April Rhodes Story, but he's shown to have little confidence that the play will succeed and plans to be back a week after it opens. Emma encourages him to follow his dreams, telling him that he's given up so much for others to succeed and that now it's his turn.

With Finn, Kurt and Rose.
They were walking in the halls heading to Miss. Sylvester's offices.

Rose: why are we here?
Finn: like we told you in the car we came to give our respect to Miss Sue who lost her sister.
Rose: why?
Kurt: well... We know what it's like to lose someone, so we figure with a lot of love and compassion and help from us it would be good for her
Rose: (cross arm) why should we help her after what she done to us?
Finn: because it's good to help people no matter what pain and suffering she has done to us
Rose: what about Jesse?
Finn: Jesse has nothing to do about this
Rose: what if I don't want to do this? (cross arm)
Finn: (stand over her) then you and I will have a meeting tonight with Mr. Good Belt if you don't stop with the sassy attitude
Rose: (gulps) yes sir
Finn: very good

Finn step away from her, Rose was freaky scared with her brothers threat. Not only was 6' foot taller then her but he takes his threat very seriously.

Kurt: (knock on door holding followers) Coach Slyvester
Coach Sue: (looks up)
Finn: (holding stuff animal) we bought you some flowers and stuff. We're sorry for your loss.
Coach Sue: put them over there with the rest. There were more arrangements but I had to throw some of them out. I'm allergic to pansies. And I don't mean that as a swipe at either of you. So... Why'd you bother doing this-- buying me flowers , comforting me-- after I've actively made your life a living hell and enjoying doing it?
Kurt: all three of us knows what it's like to lose someone really close to you.
Rose: (looks down)
Finn: (puts both hand on Rose shoulder yeah the three of us been through a lot these past couple of days. We know what it's like to lose someone special close to heart
Kurt: with his parents dead, my parents dead, and um... Rose losing her parents and Ryan it's been hard on all of us cause we been through so much
Coach Sue: so how you think you can help me? Are you here to tell me how to deal with this?
Kurt: not at all
Coach Sue: 'Cause if I was being honest with you, Eddie Munster and Herman Munster, I don't know how to deal with this. I can't go back into that nursing home and start sorting through Jean's things. And I won't plan a funeral.
Kurt: have you told your mother yet?
Coach Sue: as far as I'm concerned her good-byes to us years ago. If you boys would really like to help me, you might start by explaining why it was her time and not mine.
She's the sweetest person I ever met. And as the three of you can attest , I'm probably the meanest so how come I'm the one still standing here talking to you?
Rose: (mumbles) because god don't like ugly, ow! Finn! (Groans and turns to him pouting rubbing her head)
Finn: strike one little girl wanna go for strike two
Rose: noooooo
Finn: keep your sassy mouth shut and apologize
Rose: (mumbles) sorry Coach Sue
Finn: louder
Rose: (perk up) Sorry Coach Sue
Finn: better, now go wait outside
Rose: yes sir