Chapter 24: Sectional Let's Do This!

Probably one of my favorite chapter I have written.

Chapter 24:
The week of Sectionals arrives and a  few days ago Rose and Finn found out that Kurt's leaving McKinley High.

Rose's POV
So this week we found out that Kurt's getting bullied by Karofsky again. Finn and I found that he transferring himself to another school.

Rose: Kurt why are you leaving McKinley?
Kurt: I told you already Rose
Rose: I have been bullied before, but that didn't stop me from going to McKinley
Finn: I agree with Rose, and beside how are you even paying for this?
Kurt: with the money Carole and dad were going to used for their honeymoon
Finn: I thought we agreed that was supposed to be for Rose saving funds for college
Kurt: I already work it out
Finn: without consulting me first as a family Kurt
Kurt: look I knew you wouldn't understand which is why I did it behind your back. Beside in Carole and dad will, they said they gave a bunch of saving for college for the three of us so we don't have to worry about it
Finn: wait what will?
Kurt: you know the will the judge gave us after our parents died so we know what they have left us with. They gave us the car, the house, dad gave you his business and they both have save up money from the three of us to go to college with no problem, all that was left was the money that they were going to use for all their trip money they were saving up for, and I'm using that money to help pay for my school
Finn: but Dalton Academy is expensive Kurt, what about the rest?
Kurt: I'll get a job. Don't worry will be fine
Finn: what about the house bill? This is too much to worry about Kurt
Rose: I can help get a job
Finn/Kurt: no
Rose: why not?
Finn: because you're too young that's why
Kurt: and you need to be focusing on school, and beside you have a bunch of chores at home you still haven't got done yet
Finn: which I don't understand why you're not doing it now?
Rose: because we're having a family meeting

Both brothers give her a look and she sigh and got up and said.

Rose: fine I'll go do my chores and stop worrying about this
Finn: good girl

Rose groan and left the room to get started on her chores while the boys argue about the money situation.

The Next Day.

The week of Sectionals arrives, and when Emma guesses exactly what New Directions' setlist will be, Will realizes it's time to change things up to let other members of the club shine, so he gives Rachel and Finn's duet to Sam and Quinn and suggests that Brittany and Mike perform a dance number at sectionals as well. This does not sit well with Rachel, who loudly protests the decision, causing Santana to get fed up and tell Rachel that she slept with Finn last year. The rest of the New Directions look shocked while Rachel is very hurt by this and schedules a couples counseling session with Emma for the two of them. Rachel ends up storming out of the session.

Will told Puck that he needed to step up as one of the most well-known people in the school, and try to recruit more members. After Kurt, Rose, Sara, and Ryan had left glee club and since it was some part Puck's fault Mr. Schue had told him to find new members for glee club.

Puck made an announcement to the football team telling them to join, but the idea was quickly rejected by Azimio and Karofsky. The football team locks Puck in a port-a-potty, and he ends up stuck in it for 24 hours. He is finally rescued by Lauren Zizes. After he is freed from the port-a-potty, he asks Lauren if she wants to join Glee. She agrees, but only after Puck agrees to spend "7 minutes in heaven" with her.

Meanwhile, Kurt is in Dalton Academy and struggling to adjust to the energy of the place. The Warblers invite Kurt to join them for a meeting and they allow Kurt to join, but first he must watch over The Warblers' mascot, an actual warbler. Kurt then suggests that the Warblers sing "Rio" by Duran Duran for Sectionals, which the council politely declines. Blaine comes over to him after the meeting and offers Kurt the chance to audition to sing a solo at Sectionals. Kurt goes to Rachel for advice and she helps him learn Don't Cry for Me Argentina. Kurt auditions for the Warblers and then patiently awaits the results of the audition alongside Warbler members Nick and Jeff, only to discover from Blaine that Nick and Jeff will be moving on and that he is out of the running for a solo and must resign himself to singing in the background.