11-20

The first part of this book was published just a hour ago, and I've already got two reads! Maybe I'm being a little bit too overjoyed by this fact, but it has pushed me to continue earlier than planned. Thank you for reading!

11. The battle of Hogwarts took place the 2nd of May year 1998 - the same year Rowling started writing the first book.

12. At the Harry Potter Universal Studios in London, one can view countless key-items for the movies, such as the Triwizard Cup, Harry's cupboard and some of dresses from the Yule ball.

13. The actress Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the movies, claims that her second choice of character to play in Harry Potter would be Minerva McGonagall. Her first would be Hermione.

14. J. K. Rowling has in interviews reacted on the public views of the Hogwarts House Hufflepuff. She says that they aren't stupid or overly friendly as some might think, but people with unusually pure hearts. For example, at the battle of Hogwarts, every Slytherin student abandoned the school, as well as many of the Ravenclaws, while most Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs stayed. The Gryffindors, she says, partly stayed because of their tendency of showing of themselves as courageous. The Hufflepuffs, in the other hand, had no such intentions. They only fought because they knew that it was the right thing to do. Within that lies the pureness of the Hufflepuff House.

15. The Sorting hat struggled for five minutes about whether it should place Minerva McGonagall in Gryffindor or in Ravenclaw.

16. Neville Longbottom begged the Sorting hat to place him in Hufflepuff, but it refused.

17. The part in the Goblet of Fire where Hermione explains to Victor Krum how to pronounce her name, was added in order to finally learn readers how to say Hermione.

18. In the epilogue, Percy Weasley has a daughter named Lucy.

19. The scene in the Deathy Hallows part 1 where Harry, Ron and Hermione "visit" the Ministry of Magic in the shapes of real Ministry-employees, they first filmed the scene once with the original actors (Radcliffe, Watson, Grint), then with the actors who portrayed them in the scene.

20. Rubert Grint has said that it was very strange watching someone else imitating his moves (in the scene mentioned above).