Chapter 34: Prom Night

Start from the beginning

Rose was about to get up to leave when Kurt came out showing off his outfit

Kurt: no need for half off my outfit
Rose: that's because half of it is already off (giggles) ow!

Rose said when Blaine hit her with a pillow and gives her a look and she pouts and cross arm leaning back in her seat.

Kurt: what, what's wrong with it I made it myself?
Finn: she's kidding, don't worry Kurt, I think it rocks like gay Braveheart
Rose: (mumbles) I'm surprise you even know who Braveheart is (roll eyes)
Finn: strike 1 (put one finger up to indicate)
Rose: but Finn I was just being honest
Finn: wanna go for strike 2 for back talking
Rose: (looks down mumbles) no
Finn: (gives her eye dagger) then shut your mouth before you get yourself into serious trouble
Kurt: Finn it's fine I don't mind hearing Rose's opinion, trust me it won't bother me
Finn: you sure?
Kurt: positive, come on Rose tell me what you think about my outfit
Rose: but you'll get mad
Kurt: I promise I won't get mad
Rose: fine, don't say I didn't warn you. What I think about your outfit?
Kurt: yes
Rose: um... To be hontest (squeak voice)
Kurt: you hate it don't you
Rose: no I don't (squeaky voice)
Kurt: yes you do I can tell when your lying to me
Rose: how?
Kurt: your voice crack
Rose: what that's crazy talk my voice doesn't crack when I lie
Kurt: (cross arm and raise eyebrow at her)
Rose: fine your right, like you always are (pouts)
Kurt: see that wasn't so hard to admit. But of course you don't like it, it's not finish yet
Rose: (scoff) oh great there's more
Finn: strike 2 (put two fingers up to indicate toward her)
Rose: (bites bottom lip) sorry it slip
Finn: watch it with your side remarks, just because it low for yourself doesn't mean we can't hear it, understand me?
Rose: (gulps) yes sir
Finn: 1 more strike little girl, fair warning, you won't like it when I hit 3, wanna ass whoopin
Rose: (shakes head really fast) no sir
Finn: then cool it with the side remarks

Rose just nods and Kurt finish what he said.

Kurt: anyways, but I still think it needs, like, a slash or maybe some beads.
Rose: Kurt I love you and all but I'm not gonna stop you from wearing it, but you boys told me that honesty is the best policy, so don't be mad at me when I tell you this but.... I think you're just trying to stir the pot a little bit. I think you're trying to get some attention.

Kurt: exactly, what's the point of dressing up? I mean, that's why guys wear the tails with the top hat and , and the girls wear the hoop skirts. I mean Blaine, help me out here.
Blaine: I think your sister has a point
Rose: (smiles at him) thank you Blaine
Blaine: I-I think what she's trying to say that we just don't want to give anyone a reason to cause any trouble.
Rose: there's a lot of bad people out there, Kurt, and they're a lot worse than this Karofsky kid, and all they're looking for is a match to light under the fire of their hate. You boys told me that the world is a scary place to live in.
Kurt: Rose there's nothing for you to be afraid about I'll be fine
Rose: I know, I want you to be yourself, but I also-- I want you to be practical.
Kurt: I have done everything right. Now Blaine, I understand that after what you've been through, you're worried, but prom is about joy, not about fear. So I'm wearing this suit. I worked hard on it and I think it's fantastic, and if you don't want to join me, I completely understand.

Blaine went to say something to Kurt but has already left the room and Rose just shrug her shoulder.

After a moment of silent Finn gives her look, and she knows that look but didn't do anything.

But, when she saw movement from her brother, she quickly ran up the stairs after she saw Finn with his eyebrow raise at her, and him reaching for his belt.

Kurt is being led through the halls by Dave in his capacity as a member of the Bullywhips. As they reach Kurt's classroom for his French class, Kurt remarks that the last week has been free of bullying and that this could be a sign that people are slowly starting to accept homosexuality or at least be indifferent to it. He then tells Dave that the students at McKinley may be more accepting now and that he should consider coming out to the school. Kurt also tells Dave that he knows he should hate him for what he did to him, but that all he can see now is Dave's pain at being gay and in the closet. Dave breaks down at this and cries in front of Kurt, telling him how very sorry he is about how he treated him. Kurt accepts the apology and the two have seemed to reached a friendly understanding.