CHAPTER 30 - IT'S OVER NOW

CHAPTER 30

IT'S OVER NOW

MIA COLLINS

>>>>>>>> One year later>>>>>>>>

"Mia, you still carry this shit with you?" Emma asks looking at the I-phone in my hand.

Yes, I do because I have at least one thing of his and it's worth preserving it.

"Mia, it's been a year! We've graduated even. You still think he's gonna show up?"

No. I don't think he's going to show up.

But something deep down in my body says that he's going to show up one day.

I don't have the heart to deny and convince that he won't come to me again.

"Mia, I'm asking you something."

I've been used to listening to these things all this year. I pay no heed to whatever people say about my foolishness of fantasizing over James.

James hasn't shown up this entire year. I missed him in every Biology class and every lunch hour.

I know that he's not going to come back in my life now.

All I know is that he's somehow safe in some corner of the world with his parents. I invited Valencia over on my graduation and she knew nothing about James. She said she doesn't contact James so she doesn't really know what's happening with him lately. She was as blown as me hearing the absence of James.

She's the best person I've ever met. She truly understands my situations and trauma. Not once did she mention about her affairs with James. I didn't bother to ask her about it too.

She knew my feelings. I was transparent with her somehow. I just shed my feelings. She lives in Hong Kong so I can't meet her every week. I talk to her through phone and Messenger. I can't say how intimate I'm with her because every time we talk, we get closer and our relationship gets stronger.

This entire year wasn't very interesting because most of the time, I missed James.

"Mia, I'm sick of repeating things again and again." Emma says and I shoot her a look.

Who asked you to repeat? I never asked.

She walks away annoyed. I think I should be giving her the expressions and not her.

I can't forget how I met him in the Biology class.....

I can't forget how beautiful it was when he began having lunch with me.....

I can't forget how he began learning biology concepts with me....

I can't forget how nice it felt to be in his arms.....

I can't forget how deep his kiss felt....

I can't forget the spark of electricity that flew in me whenever he held me....

I can't forget the cute little texts from him.....

I can't forget the night when he zipped my dress......

I can't forget the short dinner date I had with him....

I can't forget the bet he won....

I can't forget the last few words he spoke to me....

And finally I can't lose this phone of his.

I really can't because it's something special.

All these memories bring tears to my eyes. It's been a year and I've still not grown immune to these memories. They bring tears to my eyes every time.

And then there's Adam who didn't speak to me this entire year. His mother told me that he has given up drugs.

There's Emma who is always there to console me whenever I get upset and melancholy.

James' friends really miss him a lot and sometimes they drag me with them and try to make me happy. They know that I am really fond of James.

But there's only one who can make me smile, laugh and get me happy but he's not here with me for a year now.

Mom is always there for me to lean on. She knows the entire story. She tries to convince me to an extent and most often she leaves me on my own. Sometimes you just need to understand that you need to be alone in your saddest and hardest of times.

I try to control myself and stay strong most often but whenever I recollect the memories in the night, I give up. I cry. I cry not because I'm weak but because I've stayed strong for a long while.

I haven't seen anyone this year. No dates, no kisses. I only attended one party this year and I regret it because all I remembered was the last party I attended with James. How we kissed and how intimate we were to each other. So, I made it a point to not attend parties until I get over whatever happened.

I know it's foolish to still hold back and forsake my present but I'm trying each day to forget.

Maybe I can never forget but I can still try.

Now that I've graduated, I need to look for colleges. I'm a grown up now and I got to make decisions. I can't be the one holding on to the past and still sobbing for what's never going to happen.

My academics were good this year too so I don't have much pressure in finding colleges because my marks can fetch me a good one.

I know that the both of us hadn't admitted that we loved each other but we did know that we had some feelings for each other. I don't know how to describe this. Maybe..... 'Veiled Love?'

But one thing's for sure,

"Teen love isn't a temporary thing. You can still find feelings for your first love after sixty years from now."