CHAPTER 24 - SURPRISE!

CHAPTER 24

SURPRISE!

MIA COLLINS

After dinner, Emma and I head towards my room planning on watching a good movie on Netflix.

Of course there's not a night you spend without Netflix when you have a sleepover with your friends!

"What do we watch now?" Emma asks me.

I'm still mad at her for whatever she argued about James but I'm just not showing her that grumpy face with a frown perched.

"Umm there's 'Life of Pi'." I say her and there's a frown I get in return.

"I don't wanna watch a Bengal tiger, okay? I want a rom-com or nothing else." She says annoyed.

"Agreed." I say.

"Wait! I found 'The Jungle Book 3D'! Let's watch that." She says excited pulling out a pair of 3D glasses from the drawer.

"But you said you want rom-com or nothing else and there's definitely a tiger in this movie."

"Oh Mia, it's okay. I wanna watch this cute kid, Mowgli." She says.

"Emma, you're sparing this kid okay?" I tease her and she nudges me in return.

We take two buckets of popcorn and settle ourselves before the movie began.

I've received a couple of messages but I didn't bother to read them. They could be spam messages.

What if it's from Mom?

I immediately get my phone and read those messages.

From James:

Hey, cute pie! I just want to see you tomorrow.

From James:

I have a suggestion. Why don't we have a dinner date?

From James:

I guess you're busy. Reply when you see them. Good night.

Oh my God!

James Edwards wants to see me tomorrow.

He wants dinner with me!

And wait! He called me 'cute pie'?!

To James:

Dinner? Sure! Good-night. :-)

Instant reply?

Wow! He's been waiting!

From James:

Wow! Great! So get yourself ready at 8:00 pm tomorrow. I'll pick you up. Good night! ;)

To James:

Okay! Thanks for the offer! Good night! :-)

From James:

My pleasure hun..

Wow! This is awesome!

God! This could just be genuine.

Meanwhile, I just look at Emma if she's been noticing what I'm doing.

Thank God!

She's watching the movie and filling her mouth with popcorn.

>>->>->>->>->>->>

James' POV

Next day at 7:30 pm.

"You can't waste your time. You don't push this up to the last minute. You need to confess your feelings at the right time. Use what you've got before it's all gone, James."

Those words are haunting me. I don't know why Valencia's words are so demanding. Whenever I listen to her words, I just feel like I'm bound to carry them out.

Yesterday was another day to be noted in my life.

I met Valencia. I went to her sister's farewell just to meet her. I can't believe Valencia was still the same humorous girl at the party. It's the same Valencia I saw two years ago. There are only physical changes.

I told her my entire story. The playboy I changed myself to be. The guy who had one-night stands and dated for nothing.

I told her how void things were until I met Mia.

I told her how I felt being around Mia.

"Val, when you were leaving the party last night, I wanted to hold on to you and say things like don't leave me, I'm not over you yet, please don't let go of me. I knew there's always a part of me longing for you. But there's another part seeking Mia. I just don't know how's this possible. How can I like two people at the same time?" I asked her.

"James, haven't you heard of this proverb? 'When you're in love with two people then select the latter one because if you truly loved the former, you wouldn't have fallen for the latter.' It's true James. It's a true story." She said.

"But Val, there's no way I wasn't in love with you! I still love you Val." I said her with moistened eyes.

"This is a magical thing James, you can't really know what's right. You can't figure it out that easily." She said.

And then she advised me to ask Mia out. She wanted me to get to her and confess my feelings for her.

Then the very last thing I did was... kiss her. She allowed me to kiss her. She gave in.

"James, I've not been in any relationship ever since we parted ways. I've not fantasized about you either. I've just wanted to be alone and single. I dated once and only once but then I thought that was a bad decision. So, I'm not planning to fall in love any time soon but James, you're special. I'm proud of you." She said crying.

"I'm proud of you" I said her and we sat there under the stars for hours that night.

Is it possible to fall in love with two people? My relationship with Val was the most complicated one but I don't know how Mia stole my feelings. It's really hard to believe.

And today, I'm on my way to Mia's house to ask her out.

I hope this works.

A/N:

Love for two people at the same time? Wow, right?

Continue reading,

Xoxo

-Sindhu.