30. Flashback pt. 4 (final)

Claire

My night was going great. Me and Damien laughed and talked and danced. It was a real night to remember. The next day, however, not so much.

When I arrived to school, people looked at me as if I had grown a second head, others were laughing at me, others were glaring at me. What in the world was going on? I soon found the answer to my question when my best friend, Amanda, approached me wearing a look I couldn't explain.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked.

"Claire, I'm so-" She started but wasn't able to finish.

"Slut!"

I whirled around to see Stacey Mavericks sneering at me. I raised an eyebrow and put on my best bitch face. "Excuse me? If you haven't noticed-"

She raised a hand and that immediately shut me up. "Oh, shut it, bitch. Julian told us how you flirted with that guy at that party last night and slept with him. We have pictures as proof of your sluttiness." she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? I-"

"Save it, whore. We don't want to hear what comes out of that dirty mouth of yours." She sneered.

Tears gathered in my eyes because of her harsh words. Nothing happened, I wanted to say but somehow, my words were stuck in my throat and I couldn't say a thing.

The name calling continued for over a year and over those years, my hatred for Julian Turner grew even more.

end of flashback