20.

"What are you really doing here? Not to mention with my friends." He asked and glared at Alec, Winter and Fox.

I didn't even notice Winter arriving... Ha, that sounded pretty ironic since it wasn't even winter yet and... Never mind.

I tried a different approach. "Can you believe it? You have a friend that's named Winter and Fox? So, if you introduce them together it'd be like Winter Fox? How cool is that? Is there even a real animal that's named-"

"Brownie, stop changing the subject. I know you didn't just come here to yell at me and tell me how to live my life. What do you want?" He demanded.

I sighed in relief. There's the Julian I know.

"I'm sorry, okay? Both about what I said back at the diner and at the hallway a few days ago. It was way out of line and completely unfair. I never should've gone there in the first place. We both have our limits and I just stepped over yours and trespassed into restricted section. I'm sorry. And I promise never to let it happen ever again." I said it all in one breath, I was out of air by the time I was finished. But even then, I still couldn't meet his eyes.

When I glanced at him, he had an unreadable expression in his eyes. But I could tell it wasn't from the one with hate. Next thing I knew, I was engulfed in a warm hug with his arms wrapped around me. I smiled and hugged him back.

"So, does this mean we're okay?" I asked into his shoulder.

He rested his chin at the top of my head, only reminding me of how tall he is. "We were never okay to begin with but if you mean we're enemies again pretending to be in a relationship, then yes. We're okay." He said, softly.

I smiled. Finally. I didn't want to admit it out loud but I actually missed talking to Julian. And I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad one.

~ o ~

"No, I am not going to another party. Remember how well that went last time?" I said.

"Yes, but that also mean our plan is actually working." Julian argued.

He does have a point and the way they- No! Snap out of it!

"Wait, does that mean it was you he was with at the same party he got punched at?" Fox asked.

I nodded. "He got punched after he kissed me." I said. "Which he totally deserved since he kissed me out of nowhere." I blushed, the more I thought about the first time we kissed.

"I did warn you!" Julian protested.

"Yeah, but you didn't give me enough time to stop you."

"Well, you had all the time to stop but instead you just kissed me back."

By this time, I was already blushing profusely.

"It was part of the plan!"

The boys burst out laughing.

I rolled my eyes, but my blush was ten times darker now. "Whatever." I said, as they continued to laugh. But even then, I still can't help the small smile from playing on my lips.