Thrown out

‘Move you arsehole’ I woke up to hear Zac shouting at the top of his voice.’ What’ was all that came out of my mouth.’ Sorry I woke up; this idiot just nearly took off my front end’. We were in a car, leather seats, mp3 player set up for music, and a cup of coffee in the holder. A blanket was laid over me; it smelt new, looked new, light blue, it was so soft.  Another car horn went off, I jumped at the sound of it,’ this shouldn’t be much longer, we’ll get out of this soon’. I nodded. I peeked out the window, I couldn’t see any signs, couldn’t see anything apart from rows of cars. I lay back down,’ do you want some music on?’ Zac asked. ‘Yes please’ I said. He turned it on, Clubland, so he did have some idea about music. I closed my eyes; surely a little bit more of sleep won’t do any harm.

A splash of water fell on my face, I jumped up. We were on a boat in the middle of well nowhere. ‘Sorry, I forgot when you pick up speed; the sea gets a bit splashy.’ A little’ I laughed. I wobbled over to him and sat on the seat next to him,’ thought we were going to London’ I asked.           ’Change of plan, we went through London and now we’re sailing’. I scanned the horizon, nothing, no boats in sights, no islands, only the beating sun. ‘Have you got a drink at all?’ I asked. He nodded and pointed at a box. I knelt down and pulled off the lid. There were 5 bottles nestled in a box full of ice. I pulled out a sprite and replaced the lid back. I then went and sat down on the seat again.’ Where we off to then captain?’ I asked. He put a finger to his lips.’ Please tell me’ I begged. He shook his head,’ get used to disappointment’. I crossed my arms and pouted. He laughed,’ you’re so cute when you pout’. I looked up at him and smiled. I was so excited to see where we were going but also really scared,’ wait Zac have you got my phone?’ I asked as I felt my pockets,’ yes here’ he said and handed it to me’ though it would be uncomfortable for to sleep on’ I stood up and walked over to the side, 5 missed calls from Megan. I rolled through my contacts till I reached Megan’s number then pressed the green button.

‘Hello’

‘Hi Megan I’m sorry, I’

‘Just don’t even say a word, where the hell are you?’         

‘I don’t know, I’m with Zac on a…’

‘With Zac, that moron, are you mad as well as stupid’

‘No, we’re fine, just having the time of our life’

‘ Sure you are, I would get home now because otherwise your stuff will be thrown in the dump, it’s outside me house, you don’t belong in my life anymore;

I felt a tear trickle down my eye’ wait, Megan no please’

‘Tough luck, bye’ disconnected.

I felt Zac’s arms wrap around my waist,’ what’s wrong?’ he asked.’ Megan, she just’ I burst into tears. He turned me round and hugged me tightly,’ I’m here; just let it out’ he whispered.’ ‘Zac’ I looked up,’ who’s driving the boat’ I asked.’ On auto pilot,’ now what’s wrong?’ he asked’ and just breathe before you say something’. I wiped my eyes with my hands,’ Megan just threw me out’ just saying it made me want to cry, all me and Megan dreamed about was getting an apartment together. I still remember it like yesterday …

‘And although the walls need a little bit of paint this place will be perfect for two young girls like yourselves’. I looked at Megan, her smile said it all,’ we’ll take it Mrs’ I said. We were so excited about getting the flat. We couldn’t stop smiling. Then we got to the packing and we felt really down, all the stuff we had collected. And unpacking, what could be worse. We laughed at how all the crap we had took up all the space. One of the best week’s of my life.