Chapter 1

Eren's POV

Today is the first day I start working at Survey Corps Sanctuary. I'm also moving into one of the housings at the sanctuary. Caretakers are required to live nearby their assigned resident Serpentine. Everyone else lives near or at headquarters, which is located at the center of the sanctuary.

All of my friends work at the Sanctuary as well. Armin, Hanji, and Moblit are the medical doctors, for the Serpentines and the workers. Mike, Gunther, Eld, Oluo, and Petra are the security guards, and the most trusted ones at that. Sasha and Connie are in charge of the food threw out the sanctuary. Marco, Reiner, Mikasa, Krista, and I are the caretakers. Our boss and owner of the Survey Corps Sanctuary is none other than Erwin Smith.

I've already met and become friends with four of the five residential Serpentines: Marco is assigned to a blond horse face named Jean; Reiner is assigned to Bertolt; Mikasa to Annie; and Krista is assigned to Ymir.

I've been assigned to Levi and have been warned that he is difficult to care for because he doesn't trust humans, had many caretakers before me. Also been told that he is the only one that can bear children, that is currently known. They're all are hoping that I can get Levi to trust me.

'Though I highly doubt it, I would be too if I was in his position. But, might as well try.'

We humans are the ones that cause of their numbers to dwindle down till there just five left known.

'Alright, Mike and Hanji said that I'll be living in a cabin 5 miles out from a nearby stream south of headquarters. The cottage is also nearby some hot springs, a 10-minute walk.' (A/N: picture above)

I see the cottage as I drove to where I'm supposed to be. I stopped my truck in front of the cottage and took a look inside. (A/N: here's a picture of Eren's truck)

 (A/N: here's a picture of Eren's truck)

The last person didn't even clean up before they left. I sighed and started cleaning.

After I finished cleaning, I unloaded and unpacked everything. My friends asked if I help getting settled in. I declined and said that they have their own work to do.

I was drinking a cup of tea when I decided to explore the area.

With that in mind, I finished my tea and went out to explore.

About a mile out, I let nature sooth my mind. During that time, I failed to notice that Levi was coming up behind me.

He swiftly coiled himself around me, catching me by surprise.

When I took a closer look, I saw onyx black scales. My eyes traveled upwards and see a six-pack, his milky white skincontrasting to his black scales.

When I looked to his face my breathing hitched. He has sharp cheek bones. His raven colored hair is styled in an undercut.

But what caught my attention the most were his eyes. They were slit like a cat's eye and narrowed. They were silver with hints of blue in them.

As I continued to stare at Levi, only one word ran through my mind, "Beautiful"

I then panicked and was about to apologize for accidentally saying that when I saw his eyes widen and a hint of blush on his face.

We continued to stare at one another when I started to lose feeling on my arms and legs.

"Um... Can you unwrap yourself from me? I'm starting to lose feeling in my arms and legs."

He blinked and looked down at where he wrapped himself around me. His blush deepened as he uncoiled himself. As he detangled himself from me, I inhaled his scent. He smelled like vanilla and mint.

Once he stood in front of me, I introduce myself. "Hi. My name is Eren Jäger. I'm your new caretaker." Smiling as I said that.

He continued to looking at me for a few minutes then said, "Levi".

I smiled wider. 'Levi. A beautiful name.'"Hello Levi."