Chapter 52 Lonely...

Start from the beginning

I went upstairs. I thought to cuddle with James but I saw he was asleep. I just quietly lied in bed beside him.

I woke up in the morning. I found the bed empty beside. I showered and went down. This time no note. I went to the office. I tried the call James but the call went to voice mail or busy. I turned off my phone with frustration.

" hi, Mia. Here are the reports for the previous meeting." He handed me the files. I looked throw them. " looks fine." I handed him the files back.

" Mia are you okay? You look depressed." Martin asked with a worried look on his face.

" No no I am okay. Perfectly fine." I smiled. I was capable of hiding my feelings from a small age. " we should get going the next meeting is going to start." I went with him saying that.

I reached home. James was not here. I made dinner. James came late. Went to bed without having anything again. It's the same routine every day. I feel him slipping away from me.

I woke up at 2:30 am. I can't sleep. I went downstairs to the garden. It's cold outside but relaxing. I hugged myself.

" woof woof" I saw Libby came running towards me." Hi baby." I took her in my lap.

"You know James seems so away from me nowadays" I patted her. She fell asleep in my lap.

I took her inside and put her to her little basket bed.

I woke up in the morning. James was not beside me again. Ah...let's get to work.

" Martin, how is the financial and investment scheme in the new branch of ours? "

" The profits are pretty good and Mia this came today. " he handed me an envelope.

" seems like an invitation." I opened it and read it. My face lit up reading it.

" what is it, Mia? " Martin asked me.

" it's an invitation for the charity fundraiser for the Carol field orphanage. They invited me as the chief guest and one extra person that I can bring with me."

"Are you going? And how do you know that orphanage?"

" well, it's a place close to my heart." I smiled.

" you look happy. I am glad. You looked a little down for few days." I giggled.

" Okay and let get to work again. " I said. I can't wait to tell James about this.

I read home after work. I waited for his return. I saw him come in, I ran towards him," James I gotta tell you something."

"What angel." He hugged me. Ah, this feels nice. It's been so long since he hugged me like this. That smell...Did he drink again?

" James your drunk." He reeks of alcohol.

" I know. What is it you wanna tell me?"

" First tell me why did you drink again? Is there any problems relating to your work?"

" it's doesn't concern you angel. You don't have to worry about it." He said in a sharp voice.

" James are you okay? You're behaving weird nowadays." I asked him with concern.

" I am ok. Just tell me what you want to say to me. I am tired."

" well...I got an invitation today. They told me to come as the chief guest and I can bring one guest with me. So Can you come?" I said happily.

" what's this invite about?"

" Oh it's a charity fundraiser... remember the one we went together to..." he didn't let me finish.

" what? A charity? Mia, they are just a bunch of people who wants to make some money by inviting rich people. It's a waste of time. I don't want to go there. I am a man busy man." He said.

" But you didn't even listen to me!" I shouted.

" Mia doesn't shout. What happened to you? Why can't you go without me to those bunch of fraud people whom you like so much?!" He threw the glass on the floor.

Who dare he call them a fraud. I took him to my special place and I thought he understands.

" you don't have to come. You the billionaire busy man after all!" I shouted back.

" woof, woof." Libby barked at him.

" Shut that damn dog up!" He shouted.

" Why are you getting angry with her?!" I shouted.

" I don't wanna talk to you anymore." He went upstairs. I looked at all the food I made. I was so angry that I threw everything down the table.

" He doesn't understand me at all." I leaned near the sink and my tears fell from my eyes. I bent down and started cleaning the mess.

My hands got cut picking up the broken glasses. I saw Libby coming here. " Libby doesn't come here. There broken glass on the floor."

I cleaned the floor. I sat on the sofa. Libby jumped into my lap. I started crying hugging her.." why is this happening? "

She licked my tears. " I am glad that you are here with me baby "

I didn't go upstairs to sleep with James anymore. I was angry at him. I fell asleep on the sofa with Libby with tear marks on my face.

I woke in the morning. I went upstairs and saw James still sleeping. I didn't wake him up. I slowly showed and went to the office.

I was not going to talk to him. He hurt me.