D.C.

Jax:

Next Day

Morning - Senate Hearing

Tony and Jax were sitting at a table in the courtroom.

Pepper Potts was among the crowd behind them.

Jax was looking around the room, obviously not paying attention.

The main speaker was Senator Stern. "Tony, could we pick up now where we left off?" Jax was still not paying attention. "Jackson, please."

Jax looked at him. "Yes, dear?"

There was some stifled laughter.

"Can I have your attention?" Stern asked.

"Absolutely," Jax answered.

"Do the two of you or do you not possess specialized weapons?" Stern asked.

"We do not," Tony told them.

Jax nodded in agreement. "We do not."

"You do not?" Stern repeated skeptically. 

"Well, it depends on how you define the word 'weapon'," Tony told him.

"The Iron Man and Gold Strike weapons," Stern told them.

"Our devices do not fit that description," Tony told them.

"Well, how would you describe them?" Stern asked.

"I would describe them by defining them as what they are, Senator," Tony answered. 

"As?" Stern asked.

"High-tech prostheses," Tony answered. There was laughter. "That is... that is... That's actually the most apt description I can make of them."

"They're weapons," Stern told them. "They're weapons, Mr. and Mr. Stark."

"Please," Tony told them. "If your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen..."

"My priority is to get the Iron Man and Gold Strike weapons turned over to the people of the United States of America," Stern told them.

"Well, you can forget it," Jax told them. "I am Gold Strike. My father is Iron Man. The suits belong to us. They are us. To turn over the suits would be to turn over ourselves, which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending on what state you're in." There was laughter. "You can't have them."

"Look, I'm no expert," Stern told them.

"In prostitution?" Jax asked. "Of course not. You're a Senator. Come on."

There was louder laughter.

Tony turned to look at Pepper, shaking his head.

Pepper shook her head.