I'd after all promised that I would get back to them on the details of how I would repay the huge sum of money. I had this list of people I could seek help from. A list that was shrinking by the day - in light of my disinclination to communicate with Marc, and in light of how I'd attempted to fuck Jaxon.

It was honestly a miracle in itself that I'd managed to go for so long without my cellphone. Perhaps this was why I was so depressed; I spent most of my time studying and sleeping. As my thoughts meandered, I became hyperaware of the fact that I hadn't showered in two days. Mustering the strength, I forced myself out of bed.

I was going to fix my life, stat.

Fresh out of the shower, I donned a sweatshirt and sweatpants, before exiting the female hostels into the cool of the night. It was 7pm, I wasn't sure what I was looking for. But I'll be the first to admit that I expected to see Jaxon in the library, or Elias in the gym. Both were empty however.

So I consigned my tired self to the male hostels. I'd been here a total of two times: to collect a science report from Kiran, and to stay in Elias's room. I slumped against one of the couches in the lobby, magically expecting a familiar face to appear.

The first fifteen minutes were okay, I looked like I was waiting for a friend. But beyond that, the males - they were few and far in between, but each had the sentience and rationalism to concur that my friend had stood me up - started casting me worried glances.

When my eyelids shut in fatigue, someone saw fit to approach me.

"Andrea?"

My eyelids snapped open at the familiar voice.

"Elias," I breathed in relief. Just the person I was hoping to bump into. "What a coincidence!"

"Really?" He frowned. "My friend said you've been here for quite a while."

My jaws opened and closed. For once I humbly submit to the fact that I was at a loss for words. Elias took the seat beside me, causing the cushion to dip on my right. He was dressed in a T-shirt and basketball shorts, with a gym bag over his shoulders. I seemed to be interrupting his gym routine.

"Are you okay?" He broke the silence.

"I've seen better days," I admitted after a while. "Do you by any chance have a spare phone I could use?"

"Spare phone? Why?"

In response, I dug my hand into my pocket to retrieve my cracked phone. Elias's eyes grew wide, before he nodded in understanding.

"Did you drop it?"

I nodded.

"I could ask around if you want me to," he said, with concern etched heavily on his features. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I shrugged. "Just tired."

"When was the last time you ate a full meal?"

It was a good question, one that I couldn't answer myself. I'd been living off sandwiches and canned food for the past few weeks, something that would amount to serious chagrin if my parents were to find out. But I despised the cafeteria and I despised the people in my faction even more.

"I'm worried about your health," Elias continued.

"I ate biscuits this morning," I responded in a small voice.

"Don't tell me you're on a diet."

I could feel my facial expression twisting at the idea. I shook my head quickly, shoving my cracked cellphone back in my pocket.