4. They Left Us Here

Start from the beginning

"Not that I know of." Minho replies. "But I'd be shocked if there weren't some hidden rooms."

Thomas nods in agreement. "Okay. Let's zigzag our way to the hangar, keep looking for them as we go."

They walk for a while longer, until Minho stops all of a sudden, lifting his hand to point to his ear. They all fall dead silent, listening for what Minho was referring to. Lori makes an attempt to see what might be making the sound that Minho was going on about, but the amber emergency lights don't provide enough illumination to make anything out.

The distinct sound of moaning echoes down the corridor. Cranks maybe? Lori notices the noise originating from a random, singular window in the middle of the hallway, that appears to look into a larger room. The room doesn't appear to be lit by emergency lights, but it's hard to tell from this point.

The noise repeats itself, sending a cold finger down Lori's spine. It is such a strange noise; so uncomfortable to listen to.

Minho moves his finger to his lips, slowly laying down the two extra launchers that he brought with him. Thomas, Brenda, Clara and Lori do the same, as Newt rests the ammo box softly onto the ground. They all hold their weapons tight as Minho takes the lead, slowly walking down the hall towards the noise.

Sure, go towards the creepy, unsettling noise, Lori thinks to herself. Yep, that makes perfect sense.
Minho stops beside the window frame. The door lays on the other side of the window, shut.

"Ready," Minho whispers. "Now."

They all move, Minho and Clara aiming their weapons into the dim room, Thomas to the left, Brenda to the right, and Newt and Lori covering their backs.

Dark shapes start to stand out against the red glow of the security lights. Slowly, the shapes start to become easier to see. Bodies and black clothing.
"They're guards!" Lori gasps.

After Lori says this, the others gasp also, as they begin to make out the faces of the guards. Their mouths are gagged, and their eyes are wide, looking at the teens in shock and panic. They're all tied up, laid out across the tile floor, covering the surface of the whole room.

"So this is where that all are," Minho mutters.

Newt peers closer into the room to get a better look at the guards. "At least they're not all hangin' from the bloody ceiling with their tongues sticking out like last time."

Lori feels her eyebrows crease in confusion, unaware of what he is talking about. She just makes the assumption that it occurs in the time which she lost when being taken by WICKED.

"We need to question them and find out what happened," Brenda states as she moves towards the door.
Thomas grabs her before she can enter the room, denying her statement.

"What do you mean no? Why not - they can tell us everything!" She rips her arm out of Thomas' hand, but didn't make any attempts to go into the room again.

"It might be a trap, or whoever did this could come back soon. We nee to get out of this place."
Lori can't help but agree with Thomas at this point. She doesn't want to be locked up by these monsters again.

"Yeah," Minho agrees also. "This isn't up for debate. I don't care if we have Cranks or rebels or gorillas running around this place - these shank guards aren't our worry right now."

Brenda shrugs, as if she doesn't care that her idea got rejected by everyone. "Fine. Just thought we could get some information." No one says anything, before Brenda points down another hallway. "Hangar's that way."

They pull together all their ammunition and weapons once more, walking in the direction that Brenda indicated. After at least ten minutes of steady jogging, Brenda stops in front of a large set of double doors.