[ 0 ]

"Hearing guns cock, we hear one shot
It's a moment of silence for the whole block
Cause when one of us gone, it's like we all gone
Fuck that, yo I'm ready to fight!"
- Game

Chance

"Baby pass me my gun." I ordered while watching as our car was slowly being surrounded. I knew I shouldn't have been concerned with trying to make this drop while I was out with my family. Even worst is that Kadence doesn't even know I planned on making this pit stop after our dinner.

"Please don't tell me you got some shit on you, Chance. Our son is in the car!" Kadence screamed at me, making me grip the steering wheel even tighter as I sped up the car.

"I know that! I made a stupid decision and now I have to make sure y'all straight before anything else. Now hand me my gun." She grabbed my gun from under her seat and handed it over to me. I sat it on my lap and made a sharp left turn. Caleb began crying in the back and I picked up my speed, only concerned with getting them somewhere safe. One of the trucks rammed into the back of our car, making Caleb's cries turn into screams.

"Baby it's too many of them. Just pull over and give them whatever you got on you."

"It's not that fucking simple Kadence!"

"Don't scream at me! I'm not the one who got us into this. Your wife and your son are scared right now Chance. Fix-" She was cut off by bullets crashing through the windows. I no longer heard my son's cries, but with the way I was driving I couldn't turn around.

Kadence snatched the gun out of my lap and rolled down her window. She started shooting out the tires of the car beside us and the one behind us. Once those two cars were out I picked up speed, easily losing the other car in the dust. I quickly hit the corner, heading for the closest duck off alley. I took the gun from her, wiped it with my shirt and tossed it out the window.

"Baby check on Caleb." She didn't respond which caused me to grow anxious since the car was silent as hell.

"Caleb, you okay? Answer me." Still nothing but silence.

"Kadence check on my son, please. I'll have us somewhere safe in less than five minutes. I promise."

"He's gone." She said it so low that I could barely hear her. When it fully processed I stopped the car in the middle of the street. I was afraid to turn around and face my child knowing that I did this to him. This shit is all on me.

"Check on him." I spoke through clenched teeth, already feeling my eyes start to water up.

"Why would you do this to us Chance?" Her voice sounded just as weak as I felt. I forced myself to finally look back and what I saw shattered my soul. My three year old son, strapped in his car seat with a bullet hole through his forehead and neck. I quickly looked away from him and turned my attention to Kadence. She had her head leaned back with her eyes barely open.

"Baby?" I glanced over her body, quickly noticing blood covering the midsection area of her dress. I quickly started the car back up and sped off to the nearest hospital. I pulled into the emergency area and hopped out the car. I ran over to the passenger side and got Kadence out the car. I held her body close to mine while running into the emergency room.

"I'm pregnant." She said barely above a whisper as she started coughing up blood. My heart began pounding in my chest as everything began registering for me.

"Someone help my wife please! She's pregnant!" They rushed over with a stretcher and I carefully laid her on it. "My son also. He's still in the car." Two of them ran outside and I just stood where I was. I didn't know what to do. I just can't help but to think of how fucking stupid I am for putting them in this situation. I should have waited until after they had gone to sleep to handle this drop instead of being impatient. Now look where it's gotten me.