15 | "If You Say So."

15 |  "If You Say So."

"What's going on here?"

Draco, Harry, Ron and Blaise looked up at the girl standing on the front door, her charmed handbag dangling from her hips. Her eyebrows were furrowed at them and her eyes glanced at each of them, as the cold September breeze barged into the living room, the sky spitting out lightning and roaring thunders.

Harry approached her with a curious face. "Where's your stuff, Hermione?"

"Everything's here." Her hand gestured to the bag beside her, and Draco looked on with wonder at the tiny purse, thinking how all of her stuff would fit in there. She diverted her attention from Harry, and staring at Ron and Draco, who were in close proximity to each other. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Ron abruptly said, hiding the page from her sight.

She sauntered over to them. "Nothing?"

The ginger-haired man bumped Draco's arm with his elbow.

"It's nothing, Granger," He said, the signature sneer of the Malfoy's on his face.

Hermione looked over at Blaise and Harry, seeing the two of them nod in reassurance. She sighed then, turning her attention back at Draco. "Which room can I use?"

"What?"

"I was assigned by Shacklebolt to keep an eye on you twenty-four seven. Which room can I use?"

He looked over at Ron, who glared at him with such intense eyes. He remembered their deal a few moments ago so he summoned his inner cruelty, and his grey eyes met her brown ones. "What makes you think I'm going to lend you a room, Granger? The couch'll be suffice enough."

She puffed her chest and crossed her arms. "Fine."

"Hermione," Harry said. "We really should be going. This thunderstorm's not going to stop any time soon. Come on, Ron."

Ron glanced at her and Draco reluctantly, then he went over to the door, his hands in his pocket.

"I should head out, too," Blaise announced. "See you next time, mate."

Draco nodded at him, his back still to the stoned wall. After a few seconds, he pushed himself away from the wall and traipsed over to where Ron was. Hermione didn't know what that was about, but the two of them looked like they were arguing. Draco asked for something and was probably very adamant about it, so Ron just sighed and took something out of his pocket and handed it over to him.

He then moved, inching a little to his left, so that she couldn't see what Ron had given to him. He had gingerly placed it in his pocket, not wasting any second for it to be exposed into the air. Blaise had given him a pat on the shoulder, and then the three men were off, into the storm.

The two of them stood still, looking out from the window, watching as each of them Disapparated to their respective homes.

Hermione moved away from the window, casting a glare at Draco. "You won't need that arm sling anymore." She sat on the sofa, her back straightened. "Let's remove it."

Draco went up to her, sitting on the other side of the sofa.

"How am I supposed to remove that if you sit a mile away?" She asked him, looking completely knackered.

He glared at her for a few seconds, but then, he hesitantly moved closer, his head turned away from her. He raised his right arm, his eyes fixated on the window and his bleached fringes covering his eyes.