7 | Robards' Request

The moment Hermione slammed Malfoy's door shut, all she wanted to do was to make things right.

Yes. They, the Ministry, already achieved justice. They've put two Malfoys in Azkaban and the third one in full custody, yet she felt like she had to do more. The Ministry has to look past their obvious goal; to turn this story of justice into something that hearts can feed on.

Malfoy hasn't eat a real meal ever since the interrogation, which was two days before. The Ministry won't allow Malfoy to summon back his house elf or hire a personal cook, because he was still in house arrest. Therefore, the only way for him to not starve himself to death, was to learn how to cook.

This bothered Hermione, yes; because he wasn't allowed to use magic to make food. She doesn't know why she has to care about him anyway, but she knew that the Ministry won't be too happy if news break out that Malfoy had died out of starvation and dehydration, because a.) It will somehow insinuate that they couldn't take care of criminals who are under their custody; b.) It is a very peaceful way for Malfoy to die, and considering that he is a former Death Eater and is still in under house arrest, it wouldn't look too good.

She met the ministry guard that was positioned at the end of the corridor.
"Make sure that Malfoy eats his sandwich." She ordered in a slightly stern tone. "Tell him that if he doesn't, I'm going to inform the Ministry; and it will, very likely, give him more sanctions."

"Yes, Ms. Granger." The Ministry guard saluted at her, his body still stiff as rock.

And with that, Hermione left the Manor.

* * * * * * * * * *

She had arrived at the Ministry a minute later, apparating just outside and going in through the Atrium using the Floo Network. As usual, the whole place is packed with people of all sorts. They walked as if they were blood flowing in and out of the heart, walking off into their destinations.

Hermione maneuvered her way through the throngs of people to go to the lits. Dean Thomas also went inside with her, in a hurry.

"Hello Dean," She said in a bit of a surprise. She regarded him out of the corner of her eye, noticing his jagged breaths and the beads of sweats lined up just below his hairline. "You look tired." She said amusingly.

He regarded her with the same level of amusement. "Look who's talking."

"Touché."

"How did Mr. Sunshine go?" He asked, just to keep the conversation flowing.

"Oh, he's great. Brilliant. The most happy person I have ever seen in my entire life."

Dean Thomas looked at her from the corner of his eye with a crooked smile. "That bad, huh?"

The lift stopped and a ding sound erupted in the air. "Level Two, Magical Law Enforcement." A female robotic voice said in a very monotonous tone. The doors opened and their conversation continued.

"I don't know what to do with him, Dean." Hermione said. She was careful not to let anyone hear, but it was easy, given that the scuttling of footsteps and the noise of the people drowned their own voices out.

"What do you mean, you don't know what to do with him?" He asked, both of them making their way across the crowd.

"He's still the same, but his temper had gone up from a hundred percent to two hundred." She said. "And he burned his arm, and he is starving himself to death, and he doesn't want to engage in any particular form of communication."