3 | Confrontations

3 | Confrontations

Hermione and Harry decided that it was better for them to have lunch at the Burrow, since they wanted to tell the Weasleys what had happened last night at Godric's Hollow. They had also wanted to check up on Ron to see if he was up to join them at the Malfoy Manor. They certainly needed all the hands they can get.

The second they knocked on the front door, Ginny immediately opened it with a hopeful expression, meeting Harry in a tight hug and giving Hermione relieved smile. "Alright?" She asked her in a whisper over Harry's shoulders.

"Alright," Hermione said.

At the same time, Molly Weasley appeared from the kitchen, with an apron wrapped around her waist. Hermione went in to meet her hug. "Everything alright, dear?" She asked, like she was actually her own daughter.

She nodded, breaking the hug. "Yes, but we're still going over to Malfoy Manor after this." Mrs. Weasley reciprocated her nod, squeezing the size of her shoulders. It was still sublime to think that her and Ron's breakup did nothing to make her relationship with Molly, or any of the Weasleys, awkward and distant. Ginny was still her best girl friend, and the Weasley twins, even though they insensitively joked around about the two of them and touched a soft spot of Ron, they still treated Hermione the same, constantly taunting her statements and challenging her whenever she tried to oppose on one of their "brilliant" ideas. It was still like the old times, unbelievably loud and chaotic yet still merry and gleeful.

"Well come on then," Mrs. Weasley said to her, jolting her out of her reverie, leading them inside. "Lunch is ready. I had a feeling that you two would eat here."

The house was almost empty. Mr. Weasley was still in the Ministry, and, as usual, the remaining three Weasleys-Bill, Percy and Charlie-were off to do their own things, so Ron and Ginny were the only ones accompanying Mrs. Weasley in the house. Fred and George were spending time in their joke shop, apparently having the time of their lives. They have a really successful business, especially now that school had started in Hogwarts, so students would often go and buy there when they shop for their things in Diagon Alley. "McGonagall went to visit us there one weekend," Fred had said humorously. "She's apparently furious about the amount of students trying on pranks at each other around the castle using our products."

"But we know deep inside that she just misses us twins," She remembered George add with a chuckle.

"Is Ron asleep?" Harry asked, hanging his coat by the coat stand. Hermione hung hers, too, along with her burgundy scarf.

"Ron isn't asleep." Said Ron himself, a crooked smile on his face as he quietly went down the staircase. Ginny suppressed a giggle at his response, to which Hermione noticed.

"That's hilarious of you to address yourself in third person." She said, verbalizing out her thoughts, to which Ron raised his eyebrows expectantly. "And take that as a compliment."

"Will do, miss." He said, lazily resting the length of his arm around her shoulders. Back when they weren't together, Hermione would've flipped out at him in annoyance for doing so, while she would probably tell him about the principles of respecting her own personal space. But ever since their relationship had ended, both of them still kept doing slight gestures that would've insinuated that they were still together-like resting her head on his shoulder, sharing a cup of coffee-even though it wasn't really the case. It's just that the two of them had already broken their own boundaries of personal space, and now they were just merely more comfortable with each other than they will ever be.

Mrs. Weasley ushered for them to take their seats, Ron and Hermione sitting across from Harry and Ginny, while she sat on the head of the table. The four children, even though aren't really now, stared daggers at the delicious dishes placed at the center of the table. Ron looked like he could eat a hundred horses.