▻ 09 | ANGER

ANGER
[LIVING ROOM ⇆ 9:10 PM]

THE MENTION OF THEM BEING TOGETHER FURTHER FUELED JASON'S ANGER. His thoughts were a mess as he tried to make sense of Bruce's words. Had they really gotten back together while he was gone? -- that seemed to be his main concern, making him worry that maybe she was playing both of them at the same time but when he glanced over at her appalled face, he reconsidered his doubtful thoughts. Instead, he stood from his seat without a shirt and stepped over to where the pair stood at the entrance of the apartment.

The possessive characteristic in him took charge when Jason wrapped his bare arm around Zoë, his hand lingering over her slightly exposed hip while he stared down Bruce. "Bruce, it's been a while, huh?" He remarked, faking excitement at the sight of the billionaire with a forced grin plastered on his face, making Zoë tense up under him at the unnerving confrontation she was forced to endure. Bruce's gaze lingered on the younger male's hold on Zoë, the woman he once claimed as his and now lost to Jason, before he faced her.

"Zoë, can I speak to you?" His sincere inquiry was followed by a his lips twisting into a frail smile, attempting to control his composure with the fits of jealousy growing inside of him at the unwanted sight filling his gaze. "Alone." He sternly added, taking note at Jason tightening his grip on her due to the sound of his words -- Bruce not pleased with Jason's teen-like jealous even though that's how he felt inside.

            Jason squinted his eyes at Bruce in suspicion, in a vain attempt to let him know that he knew what he was trying to do. "Whatever you're going to tell her about me, you can say it right here in front of my face, Bruce." His hand fell from Zoë's side while his feat led him towards Bruce, their stares deeply fixated on each other. "There's no need to hide, right? Though, I'm sure you're good at hiding different parts of you, aren't you?"

            "As are you, Jason." Bruce swiftly countered, taking a step forward to slim down the space between them as he harshly whispered the next part. "Do you have any idea how selfish you are being with her, knowing the dangers that come along to anyone near you?"

            "You didn't seem to have a problem with that when you were with her." Jason's fists were balled up to his side, making Zoë' worry that this would ensue into something more than a verbal altercation.

            "I wasn't open about certain things like you were." Bruce's pupils darted over to where the Red Hood idly helmet sat, quickly switching from an enraged ex-boyfriend to a concerned father for a split second at Jason's irresponsible actions. Jason revealing his counter ego to a stranger, a woman he barely knew and a woman that he wasn't sure if he could, was a big no-no in Bruce's book; especially since he never bothered revealing his own side persona to her.

            "Bruce, please leave." Zoë finally spoke up, not realizing the Batman and Robin undertones that the fight held as she listened on and making both men turn her way. "I'm grateful for the flowers but please, I'm trying to move on here." The buttons finally clicked in Jason's mind about the flowers adorning her apartment, forced to bite his tongue from a snarky comment for Zoë's sake. 

            "I'll call you." Bruce remarked, shooting Zoë one last pleading look before leaving the pair alone in the apartment.

            "You're hiding parts of you from me?" Zoë questioned the flustered male, looking up at him with eyes pooled with genuine hurt at the thought of it. Though, she didn't mind him being closed off for now, she also didn't want to end up being with someone who's whole life revolved around secrets. "I thought.." Her voice weakly trailed off as she tried to make sense of her emotions, deciding what she was feeling at the newfound news.

            "Possibly." Jason's hand scratched the back of his neck, unclear on what he was supposed to tell her. Opening up to people had always been a challenge for him and now because of Bruce, he was put on the spot. "It's...complicated?" He offered, earning an exasperated sigh and eye roll from her at his sucky response.

            "Hey." His voice was soft now, his fingers curling around her arm as he pulled her into him once again. "How 'bout we talk about this over dinner, princess? I promise I'll be an open book." Was his last attempt at fixing things before they got ruined.

°

jason you secretive little sh*t
man, i had trouble writing the last parts of this because my grandma started doing that thing with the chiles where the smell gets everywhere and i almost died