Chapter Twenty-Four

Comenzar desde el principio

"What?" Kalik demanded, his face draining of all color.

"Why did you want to discover Mei so badly?" Takashi asked. Soushi smiled at them as he continued his tale, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Before becoming captain of the Shin Clan, I did studies on the other world, the Demonic World. I had heard about the power of the princess, and also discovered the deity Certo, as I said before. You would be amazed at the legends recorded in the temple. Becoming a captain was my first step, which meant I could be closer to the demons. But it all changed when I was ordered to hunt and capture Ryou. Hintani claimed he knew of him, and because of that, he asked to go look, saying he had someone to protect at home. A girl, for that matter. I knew Hintani had never spoken of a lover, so my guess was on its mark. He was hiding you. When he came back and said the demon had already left there, I became certain. The battle where Hintani died, I came face to face with Ryou, and told him about Hintani. I merely mentioned Hintani was threatening to reveal her existence, and Ryou went and killed him. My suspicions were confirmed, due to this little stunt. Then you came Mei, years later. Everything was falling into place, especially when you asked for Hintani when you got there."

"You had Hintani killed?!" Kalik screamed in anger. Both he and Takashi were shaking with rage, their eyes glinting with murder.

"The truth does hurt doesn't it?" Soushi said sarcastically. "I found out about Kalas' little chat with the Emperor and decided to help him out a bit too. I feel bad for Mizuki though. He died thinking I was actually going to help Mei, but in the end I would've had to kill him as well. Like I said, this is my research. Come, Kalik, Takashi! You still have a chance to live. Come with me and enjoy everlasting life."

"You're immortal too, huh?" Kalik spat out in disgust. "No way in hell."

"Like hell we'd join you. Everything we knew, everything you ever told us, was all a lie," Takashi said, slamming his fist against the wall, drawing blood at his knuckles.

"At least you figured that part out," Soushi said. "Of course everything was a lie. I had to sound convincing, so no one would suspect me till the right time." Mei took a step forward, her eyes narrowed in hatred.

"You intend to release Certo," Mei said darkly. Soushi nodded at her and gave her a know-it-all look.

"Yes I do. See, Certo has more power than you do, princess. But, I also need you. I need control over all the demons and the Demonic World, so I'm going to have to ask you to cooperate."

"Go to hell," Mei answered, her eyes narrowing dangerously. Soushi sighed and snapped his fingers. Moments later, Certo busted through the walls above Soushi, sending debris and bodies falling to the ground.

"I knew you would need a bit of persuasion. Osamu!" Soushi called out. Mei watched as Osamu looked over Certo's shoulder, a chain around his neck. Mei's mouth dropped open when she saw this and she realized Soushi was playing Osamu as well.

"I think it's time to release your little friend," Soushi said smiling. Osamu nodded and put both of his hands on Certo's back. Mei started to run forward but was blasted backwards by wind created by Kalas' iron bars, as he swung them viciously through the air. Kazuma caught Mei before she became submerged in the blood, and Mei looked up at Osamu.

"No!" Mei yelled.

"I RELEASE YOU CERTO! I UNDO THE BONDS THAT SEAL YOU TO THE EARTH!" Osamu screamed at the top of his lungs. Certo's eyes glowed with a light tint, and then energy shot forward into the sky, returning the sky to its original state. The wind from the energy was pushing Mei and the others back, their feet sliding in the blood. Mei shook off Kazuma's hand and rushed towards Certo, summoning the Abyss Blade. She was hoping to kill him before he was released. As she neared him, something tackled her, sending both of them flying and skidding in the river of blood. Mei looked up and saw a demon with silver eyes and drool coming out of his mouth. A Soulless Demon, Mei thought, her mind flashing back to when she first saw it when she came to the Shin Clan.